Meat probe masterbuilt 130P

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigSmokeShow

Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
Hey new to smoking so this might be a newbie question. I bought a masterbuilt 130P electric smoker. I noticed that my device can read the smoker temp as well as 4 meat probe temps. However the smoker only came with a single probe and only one spot to plug it in. If I wanted to use the built in probe thermometer would I buy an extender or something to plug them all in or is there something that connects them all into one plug?

My advise as others will be get a different temp probe set. The MB probes are known to be off, sometimes by a lot. They can be had relatively inexpensively thru Amazon, etc. One of the site sponsors offers up discount codes to their temp probes regularly. I havent used one of their probes but Ive only heard great things about them. I have a Maverick 2 probe that works just fine for me.

Get yourself a good quality multi probe therm such as an Inkbird or a ThermoPro.You'll get much more accurate and better results.

I'd also recommend an A-MAZ-EN tray or tube for smoke generation.The built in chip loader requires to much babysitting.

Like already said above. Get yourself a set of Digital Wireless Therms.
There are a lot of them. I've been using Maverick ET-732 for many many years, without a problem, but there are a lot of others on the market.
I would never trust a Thermometer that comes built into the smoker.

Bear

Reactions: Blues1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky