Masterbuilt Propane 40" Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 7, 2012
Texas Gulf Coast
I'm on my third smoke today. We had an overabundance of packer briskets we've bought on sale in our freezer, one of them being a 2013 model. I've done 2 of them so far with very good results, one a little more overcooked than I wanted, but still tasty. I've got 2 of them on the MB now, using pecan chunks in my 12" CI skillet over the burner. My Maverick 733 is connected up and she's smoking just fine. This time I rubbed the both down with Bolner's Brisket Rub and a little extra pepper, vacuum sealed them and let them sit in a 32 degree room for 24 hours. Cabinet temp is 240. I'll leave it around there till after lunch then red paper wrap them and crank it up to around 300 or so to finish the meat off at around 195-200. The hardest part is the learning curve of keeping a steady temp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky