Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
New here and thinking about getting the 560. I have a Green Mountain Pellet grill now and I'm not thrilled with it. The Temp always seems to run really high on it causing problems on some of my cooks. I used to have a Webber bullet. It was rock solid holding temps but a pain to clean and I had trouble with mold growing in between cooks. Has any one had this problem with the 560? How is the clean up?

Reactions: Will Squared
Haven't had that problem.
My 560 is pretty easy to clean but I have foil over the manifold, drip tray, and drip cup.
I haven't even changed the foil once.

I burn it off after a cook, then after it cools, empty any ashes from the manifold and tray.

I just wipe off the outside of the unit with a wet cloth.

Haven't had that problem.
My 560 is pretty easy to clean but I have foil over the manifold, drip tray, and drip cup.
I haven't even changed the foil once.

I burn it off after a cook, then after it cools, empty any ashes from the manifold and tray.

I just wipe off the outside of the unit with a wet cloth.
Have you had any problems with the temp accuracy? I've seen a few YouTube videos were the controls say 1 temp and they is a temp prob to monitor the pit and its has been off by 30 def or so. I also think k the vids I've see that problem were from the new model the 1050.

The temp probes have been fine.
I use multiple probes to double check.

You can have different readings in different parts of the cook box.
You can also get different temps in different parts of your meat.

For example, I Double Smoked a ham today and when I took it off I had IT readings between 147' and 160', using the same hand guage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Motorboat40
Have you had any problems with the temp accuracy? I've seen a few YouTube videos were the controls say 1 temp and they is a temp prob to monitor the pit and its has been off by 30 def or so. I also think k the vids I've see that problem were from the new model the 1050.

There are 3 different racks so you will see different temps on lower versus middle/upper. I recommend using a separate probe next to your cook so you can monitor the real temps but with that, adjust the controller on the grill and it will stay steady. Very effective with temps

Another thing Motorboat...

When you take the temps up high to sear you will lose temp every time you open the door and it will sometimes fight to get the temps back up.

But in that case (of searing) just crank it and don't worry about what it says.

Reactions: Motorboat40
Another thing Motorboat...

When you take the temps up high to sear you will lose temp every time you open the door and it will sometimes fight to get the temps back up.

But in that case (of searing) just crank it and don't worry about what it says.
Thanks for all the tips guys I don't have a masterbuilt gravity series... yet... but my wife said I have to get ride of one of my other grills 1st hahaha just have to sneak it by her!

I bought one of these yesterday, and the fan will not turn on. Have done most troubleshooting options I've found, but none work. Has anyone had the same issue and know of a fix?

Thanks.

I bought one of these yesterday, and the fan will not turn on. Have done most troubleshooting options I've found, but none work. Has anyone had the same issue and know of a fix?

Thanks.
Bypass the safety switches with a minifuse, mine doesn't turn on until i adjust the temp, so check that as well.

It would help to be more specific if you can. As described, it could be anything from the 1 2v adapter, the controller, or wiring.
It would help to be more specific if you can. As described, it could be anything from the 1 2v adapter, the controller, or wiring.
When I plug my grill to power I can hear control panel make a “beep “ sounds. although controls panel never lead up even with effort to push power button it is still not turning on. It was fine at the beginning but know it is a headache. Any suggestions?

I had been looking for a new smoker for awhile and came across the 560 and was pretty excited. I was waiting for more real world reviews on it and these comments convinced me. Picked it up this morning, already assembled it, and plan to smoke beef tenderloin on it tonight.

The comments about the screw falling in when attaching the handle were very helpful. However, Masterbuilt clearly also heard and added a bag with a couple additional parts and a diagram. It's a couple stamped steel inserts that you put the screws through to keep them from falling inside. After doing it the first time without since it's not in the instruction book yet I can say it really helps.

Attachments

• 20200502_134223.jpg
    20200502_134223.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 49
When I plug my grill to power I can hear control panel make a “beep “ sounds. although controls panel never lead up even with effort to push power button it is still not turning on. It was fine at the beginning but know it is a headache. Any suggestions?
When it does that, are there numbers in the readout? Does it do it when you're adjusting the temperature?

I had been looking for a new smoker for awhile and came across the 560 and was pretty excited. I was waiting for more real world reviews on it and these comments convinced me. Picked it up this morning, already assembled it, and plan to smoke beef tenderloin on it tonight.

The comments about the screw falling in when attaching the handle were very helpful. However, Masterbuilt clearly also heard and added a bag with a couple additional parts and a diagram. It's a couple stamped steel inserts that you put the screws through to keep them from falling inside. After doing it the first time without since it's not in the instruction book yet I can say it really helps.
'I've pretty much gotten used to the sound of a loose screw sliding around when I raise/lower the lid on mine

The advice here was get someone with small fingers to help so I had my wife help. Very first thing she put the screw in and lost it. Luckily I was able to fish it back out by tilting the whole thing all different directions.

'I've pretty much gotten used to the sound of a loose screw sliding around when I raise/lower the lid on mine

My wife tells me I have a screw or two loose so I'm used to the sound as well

• Haha
I need to go through all the comments. But, I’m upgrading from my MES40. Would you all recommend this gravity MES or a pellet smoker. I know that’s a broad question, but I have time to decide as I have no issues with my electric smoker. I just need to up my game.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky