Marinating Meat Before Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lynettexoxo

Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Philippines
Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone has tried marinating their meats with a Vacuum Meat Tumbler? Does it really makes a difference? 

Is it advisable to use this machine with a dry rub or does it really require a liquid marinade?

I need an expert advise on this matter for I need to know if this machine can help me minimize the marinating time of my meat. I'm planning to smoke ribs in big batches and the recipe calls for marination of the meat for 24 hours. I was wondering if it would cut the marinating time? Please HELP!

Thanks so much in advance!

~Lynette

I've never seen a meat tumbler that can hold a rack of ribs before (assume you're talking pork ribs here), are you planning on cutting the ribs down to small pieces?

Hi there!

As a matter of fact I'm thinking of buying the big one... the industrial size. I'm going to use it for business.

I learn something new every day on this forum.....a google image search revealed some big a$$ tumblers. Sorry, I assumed you were talking home use here and had no idea you were going to be going big.

The vacuum tumblers do work great for cutting down marinating times, I know for jerky they work very well.

I know for sure that liquid marinade goes well with the tumblers but do you have any idea if I could use dry rub in these vacuum tumblers? 

I'm fairly new to this whole thing, but I would not see the need to tumble a dry rub. Maybe the vacuum would help with penetration, but I don't see the tumble helping. If anything it would knock the rub off I would think.

Standing by to learn more or be corrected from the experienced folks on this form.... should not take long.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky