Mango wood good to use or not

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What are thoughts/ experiences with Mongo wood in wood smoker
Hi there and welcome!

I have never used it but it should be safe being a fruit wood. Hopefully someone will chime in with actual experience using it :D

Reactions: chopsaw
Never smoked with it, don't have any first hand experience.

What I know is that the skin of mangos can be irritating to some people. Oils and such...

I have a friend who can't even be in the same house with a mango. I seriously thought she was full of ***t and overly dramatic when she told me about it. Until we were at a dinner party and the host had mangos in the house.

She straight up broke out in hives and had trouble breathing. From a random piece of fruit that was across the room and not in plain sight.

I love me a mango chutney on my fish tacos, but I don't think I would want to try smoking meat with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky