Making Beef Jerky on the WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm making this jerky this weekend! Stupid question: does it matter what kind of teriyaki sauce you use? The stuff I have is pretty thick (Americanized).

Awesome thanks! This is the 1st recipe I saw that uses instant cure. I'm pretty pumped, just got it in the fridge and I'll smoke it early Saturday. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

I haven't done slabs of meat yet; just been doing snack sticks. Might have to take my shot at real jerky. I love tender jerky...

Should be able to do this on my MES pretty easy! Time to watch out for good beef prices!

Made 3 lbs from a London broil on my 18 in wsm. Came out AMAZING! Thanks for posting this recipe and setup. It's not easy to keep it that low, but I hardly had trouble keeping between 165 and 180 was the highest temp.

Attachments

• 15291820706691254681789479711950.jpg
    15291820706691254681789479711950.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 39
I've been doing jerky on the Weber for a long time. I make a long thin snake of charcoal to keep the temperatures down. It's best to do it in the winter or fall summer times too hot. I use long bamboo and cut it the size when I'm putting it on through the grading quarter inch thick it falls right through pretty much takes like 2 minutes. I use every other spacing and then the next one I switch and then back again you get on twice as much in the smoker. I don't even use wood just charcoal for the flavor 2 hours in a smoker and then I throw it an Xcalibur for 4 hours. I always try to stay under 140 or under in the smoker but in the dehydrator 125. I do use cure I'm a big fan of Uncle Abe's. I see a lot of people cooking their jerky not drying their jerky.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky