Lowest stable temp in Komado grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jim Pomeroy

Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
For those who have used one for a while, what is the lowest stable temperature you can get on a Komado grill?

Hi Jim, I have been using mine for about 2 years now. Its a big kamado Joe, and I typically run between 230-270 for low and slow depending on what i'm cooking. I think the longest i have cooked at those temps was about 11 hours. I'm sure I could hold a lower temp if I tried. One thing I have learned is to bring it up to temp slowly, if you overshoot your temp they are a pain to bring the temp down. Hope that helps

Hi Jim, I have been using mine for about 2 years now. Its a big kamado Joe, and I typically run between 230-270 for low and slow depending on what i'm cooking. I think the longest i have cooked at those temps was about 11 hours. I'm sure I could hold a lower temp if I tried. One thing I have learned is to bring it up to temp slowly, if you overshoot your temp they are a pain to bring the temp down. Hope that helps
Thanks for the note. This is what I am seeing as well. If I try to hold below 225 I need to keep bringing it up tp prevent the charcoal going out completely.

Sorry, nope. I am now retired after 39 years in operations with Molson Breweries in Canada.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky