Looking to Buy First True Smoker... Input & Guidance Appreciated!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Update 2 - Success!

First cook went off without a hitch! I can see why the WSM has such a following. Did a Boston Butt. Hit and maintained 225 consistently throughout the cook. 12 hours later - bam! I had to add fuel in hour 8 but I think that had to do with humidity and simply going just a tad light on the briquettes when I filled her up initially.

My first true smoke in the books. Couple Pics attached. Pickiest eaters at the BBQ - my 6 year old included - cleaned their plates so efforts were well worth it. Thanks again for all the guidance and input, all.

Keep on smokin the good stuff!

Attachments

• 2191FAAB-CE96-4FC9-ADF0-595CC30B0BA8.jpeg
    2191FAAB-CE96-4FC9-ADF0-595CC30B0BA8.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 26
  • FED049AC-59DC-4BB5-BD71-B2DEF439F524.jpeg
    FED049AC-59DC-4BB5-BD71-B2DEF439F524.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: mike5051
Great to hear. I went through four or five smokers before i got my WSM. I have no desire to own another smoker. I love the ability to do overnight cooks without a worry in the world. You made a great choice!

I did upgrade the door on my 22 and added the hinge. Both worth the investment to me. My original door didnt fit well - the aftermarket works excellent!

Happy Smoking!

Great to hear. I went through four or five smokers before i got my WSM. I have no desire to own another smoker. I love the ability to do overnight cooks without a worry in the world. You made a great choice!

I did upgrade the door on my 22 and added the hinge. Both worth the investment to me. My original door didnt fit well - the aftermarket works excellent!

Happy Smoking!

Thanks! Agreed on the mods those are the ones I have been considering so glad to hear for someone who did them too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky