LIKES vs POINTS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
IMG_20171019_093409.png

In honor of Dirtsailor, I hope there's a water related one in there. I have a feeling I may need one soon.

Last edited:
I liked that i could award points for great cooks and leave a message however i do really like that i can just like posts.. there has been quite a few posts that i thought were great and wished i could simply "like" them to give recognition of a great post

Perhaps both options?

For what it's worth, I didn't like the old points and post count. It led to a small minority being way too competitive and trying to artificially boost their popularity on the forum.
Don't get me wrong, I liked the idea of being able to show appreciation for a thread, and also the addition of the little message that you could send along with the point, I just didn't like the ensuing popularity contest.

Agreeing with Squib, Gary, Chile,...... and others.
As a relative newb, it put a huge smile on my face and gave me a ton of confidence when a
long time/well respected member would give a point with a kind comment.
I never took it as a contest to see who can get the most points.
But when I received one, it sure felt good.
Thank You to all of you who commented on anything I did!!
It gave me a push to try more cooks and learn more.
I understand that we can receive comments in the post,
it's just not the same as the personal comment after the point.

For what it's worth, I didn't like the old points and post count. It led to a small minority being way too competitive and trying to artificially boost their popularity on the forum.
Don't get me wrong, I liked the idea of being able to show appreciation for a thread, and also the addition of the little message that you could send along with the point, I just didn't like the ensuing popularity contest.
Well said .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky