lifelong apartment dweller learning how to home

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thedeb

Original poster
Sep 13, 2017
Hello, from Kansas.

Just purchased my new home and plan to avoid going to bbq joints and getting my own good good going.  I have been lurking in the forum for a while getting tips and hints.  I am about to get my first actual smoker and looking forward to putting all this information you have been sharing to good use.

Congrats on both the new home and smoker,like mentioned earlier what are you getting?

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a nice warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.   Lots of               great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Reactions: thedeb
Thank you. I have no idea. Been looking thinking horizontal smoker. I hear ok joes pretty good.

Last edited:
Welcome to the board and isn't it great to have your own place? No neighbor bumping around upstairs or thumping the music on the other side of the wall. No one else's kitchen to raise a fire risk in the structure you inhabit. And that's where you come in. Now you alone are responsible to raise a fire risk in your own place.

Since you've been lurking you probably have some idea of the types of smokers and their capabilities. Some are set-and-forget and some require babysitting. Then there's the question of what kind of smoked food you like. Once you get your own rig you can produce things not usually found on a restaurant menu.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky