LEM #8 Dual Grind

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Looking for a grinder upgrade.

The LEM #8 dual grind looks interesting.

Any experience/comments on dual grinders?

Thanks

You are limited which plates you can use. And when I make Salami, I use a lot of different size plates.
No limit on plates used on the second grind (outside plate) only limit is the first grind plate (inner plate) which is a 3 hole kidney plate and that plate can’t be changed.

Reactions: bill ace 350
No limit on plates used on the second grind (outside plate) only limit is the first grind plate (inner plate) which is a 3 hole kidney plate and that plate can’t be changed.
Thanks. I mostly make summer sausage, cased hot italian, and loose breakfast sausage.

This would suffice?

Thanks

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looking for a grinder upgrade.

The LEM #8 dual grind looks interesting.

Any experience/comments on dual grinders?

Thanks
I started with the LEM Big bite #8 then later bought the dual grind head. I never use the standard head anymore except for salami. The dual grind works very well. I can single pass 1/8” grind but actually all grinds are quality at a single pass. For general grinding and sausage making it’s a time saver for sure. Though it will work for salami, I feel the final grind quality is a bit better with the standard head and double grinding. Particle definition is a little cleaner.

I have the #8 but not the Dual Grind.
Wish I had bought the #12. At times the #8 doesn't have the power and pops the breaker.

Yeah, that's the one I want to change.....
I thought the same when I first got this one. The inner plate is slightly smaller in diameter than the outer plate. Would have made sense to make them all the same. Still works slick though. First grind is about 3/4” then whatever you want on the second.

One down side to the dual grind is they make one for the #8-#12 and one for #22-#32 but in both cases the dual grind is the smaller of the two. So if you buy a #32 with dual grind, it’s actually a #22 same goes for #12 which is actually #8.

I was thinking about getting one but decided not. I only make small batches now.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Definitely food for thought.

I'm in no hurry, just thinking ahead.

With the dual grind, are there any issues with fat or seasoning disbursement in the final product? I've been window shopping grinders and the dual grind was interesting (cuz I'm lazy) but it seems like two passes thru the grinder would help mix things around more equally.
For those with the dual grind, any issues? Anything different you need to do vs. two passes thru a traditional grinder?

With the dual grind, are there any issues with fat or seasoning disbursement in the final product? I've been window shopping grinders and the dual grind was interesting (cuz I'm lazy) but it seems like two passes thru the grinder would help mix things around more equally.
For those with the dual grind, any issues? Anything different you need to do vs. two passes thru a traditional grinder?
Will work just fine. Just season the meat then grind then do just a bit of hand mixing to get your protein extraction and by that point the seasoning will be mixed through.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky