Leftover BEEF! It's what's for supper...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...well, leftover steak. A couple of nights ago I grilled some steaks and had a whole grilled sirloin left over. Wife has to work tonight and I'm wondering what to cook for her. She loves stir fry and we both love poppers so I figured that I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

Got the vegetables all prepped along with the necessary accoutrements (fancy word makes me sound like I know what I'm doing:emoji_grinning:).
thumbnail (3).jpg

The leftover steak...
thumbnail (1).jpg

Prep the poppers, boat style. The cream cheese has a little Montreal steak seasoning, some chipotle powder for added heat, and some smoked honey to offset the heat. This honey is cold smoked with hickory and it's very good. Actually, it's really, really good, no affiliation. In case anyone's interested https://holysmokeoliveoil.com/products/holy-smoke-hickory-smoked-wildflower-honey.
thumbnail (4).jpg

Stuffed and a piece of the steak on top.
thumbnail (2).jpg

A slice of Vidalia onion on top of that.
thumbnail (8).jpg

Bacon wrapped, of course, and lightly dusted with a KC style rub. Ready for the grill. I actually had to make some more because Lucy, my spaniel, helped herself to 2 of them while I wasn't looking. Bad girl, but I love her with all my heart. Just hope that the toothpicks don't cause a problem.
thumbnail.jpg

Got some cherry rolling smoke on my one of my Webers and away they go.
20210604_163313.jpg

Some toasted sesame oil along with some EVOO heating up in my "wok". I don't actually have a wok, but it's something that I need to get. The small pot has a finishing glaze of soy sauce, minced garlic, raw sugar, toasted sesame oil, chicken stock, and cornstarch to thicken it.
thumbnail (6).jpg

In go some of the veggies. Mushrooms, carrots, onions, the canned "baby" corn, and the pea pods are first up.
20210604_164525.jpg

Up next is the broccoli, peppers and lastly, the leftover steak.
thumbnail (9).jpg

A couple of minutes and then time for the glaze and some lightly toasted sesame seeds. Everything stirred to coat.
thumbnail (7).jpg

Now, back to the poppers on the grill. After about 30-40 minutes, they're done, maybe over done, but we'll see.
20210604_171058.jpg

I know it's a crazy combo, east meets west kind of thing, but it's stuff we like and a good use for leftover steak (like most people can't find a use for leftover steak:emoji_laughing:)......
20210604_173804.jpg

Now get to work, wife, earn your keep....:emoji_laughing:
My wife sleeps days so that she can save lives at night.....

Yes it looks delicious! But man those abts look so good with the added steak and onion!

Ryan

Looks great! As long as Lucy's OK it's all good to go. I've had three springers, no spaniel of any kind can ever be trusted around food, same with Labs. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Thats some good eats right there.

Point for sure
Chris

LUCY!!! Too early, try it after its cooked! It's even better then!!!
Looks great! As long as Lucy's OK it's all good to go. I've had three springers, no spaniel of any kind can ever be trusted around food, same with Labs. RAY
Hope Lucy passes the tooth pics ok

David
Thank you all. 24 hours later and Lucy seems "normal", well as normal as Springers ever get and she's still mostly puppy. As Ray and anyone who has ever had one, or 2 or 3, knows, they are a hand full.....

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Glad to hear that . I didn't comment on it before , but might think about a " Look see " when she does her business . Might give you some peace of mind to see a tooth pick in the yard .

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky