Last Saturday-Lebowskifest in Philly, for Dude Abides

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fire it up

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2009
South Jersey
Figured I would post these for any fans of The Big Lebowski out there, and thought it might make The Dude Abides smile...

Last Saturday my Brother and I went up to Philly for the second night of Lebowskifest. The first night they played the movie in a theater and the second night was a costume and bowling party (I didn't dress up but wish I had) so here are a few pics.

So after a long night of bowling, sipping white Russians, drinking some beers and all around abiding we figured since we were in Philly we might as well grab a couple of cheesesteaks.
Decided to go to Geno's instead of Pat's.

Whiz wit out...

Whiz wit. Gotta have it with onions.

Man, that looked like a fun time for Big Lebowski lovers. Woulda liked to have been there just to see the happenings and bowl a few games. Glad you went and reported back, Jim.

We have all kinds of goofy things going on year round here in town, should have one of these Big Lebowski events too. Great Lanes, here~ Mrs Rivet and I bowl all winter long...no league, no sets, just us and all the rest.

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like fun, which one are you?

Sandwiches look great too...

Looks like an absolute blast was had by all . . . 'But, that is just like, my opinion, man.' :)

Looks like a great time was to be had with the Great Labowski's celabation an all. The cheese steak looks good and all but I tring to think of the name of that other cheese steak place a cross the street cause I think their cheese steaks are better. I'm thinking you and all had a great time so I'm glad you did and enjoy that cheese steak too. Thats the greatest competition that I could think of in phil.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

The place right across from Geno's is Pat's.
We were going to go there but decided on Geno's.

Ahhhh the great debate between Geno's and Pat's. They've been featured on several food tv shows about that competition.

Lebowski fest looks like it was a blast. Nice to see John Lennon made an appearance.

Now where do I find one of those Lebowski sweaters?

I am the walrus.
Shut the f*** up, Donny! V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!

There were a few there but this guy was the best one...

First year they held it in Philly, I'm hoping it will become a regular event.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.