Lamb fat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tas boy

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Hi all
Has anyone used lamb fat in sausages,I’m finding it almost impossible to get pork fat here .Would lamb fat be ok in cured smoked sausages.
Cheers

If you like the flavor of lamb fat, by all means use it.
Personally I love the flavor of lamb and wouldn't have a problem using it in most sausage recipes.

Can you find pork belly or a nice fatty pork butt at Costco or Sam's?

Have you asked the meat packers/ butchers at your local super market to save you some clean fat/ lard?

You can always order it online, Just one google search I found this place and see that if you order 10 lbs shipping is free.
https://www.farmfoodsmarket.com/pro...MIhtveyY_f6AIV7R-tBh3UngrgEAQYAyABEgJ8zfD_BwE

Good luck.
Dan

Reactions: pushok2018
I grew up eating lamb meat...lived in central Asia for 35 years so, I love lamb meat in any form: grilled, fried or boiled. Using lamb fat in sausages - from my humble opinion- is not what I would do. Lamb meat (and fat) has distinctive taste which will impact the taste of your sausage but this depends what kind of sausage you are going to smoke or grill. Unlike pork fat, lumb fat is pretty hard (when cold) so texture of your sausage will be some different.... Saying that, I never used lumb fat in sausages - just my 2 cents.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky