Kielbasa Lisiecka

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't recall mom ever making her own, but either way, sour stuff isn't my thing. During canning season, I make dill pickles for my wife. I will not eat them. I do some bread and butter pickles for me since the sweet kind of balances out the sour.
Homemade is not at all the same as store bought. It is slightly tart, not really Sour at all. Tangy And crispy crunchy goodness. We will talk about it.

Reactions: DougE
Homemade is not at all the same as store bought. It is slightly tart, not really Sour at all. Tangy And crispy crunchy goodness. We will talk about it.
Ok. I will say that I like red cabbage, it's pickled, but is more sweet and sour.

Oh man, I am drooling. As an old Pole who grew up on polish and slovenian sausage I can't wait to go down the Kielbasa trail. This may be the first one I try. Definitely with sauerkraut. Thanks SmokinEdge!!!!

Hot damn that looks good. I def need to try making this.

Texture looks amazing, impressed you got that off the Yoder.

May I ask the % or g/weight of the STTP? Something I've never used - assuming for texture /moisture retention?
Moisture retention. Phosphate is applied at .4-.5% to meat weight.

Reactions: Culinary Otter
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky