Keto, the time has come, long over due really.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For pasta I have a solution you can use no matter what my friend.

Aldi's used to have a less expensive option but seem to always be out these days. Supply chain woes.

Anyhow these are mostly protein and only take like 4 minutes max to in boiling water to give a perfect al dente texture.
The net carbs are really low, especially when compared to actual pasta. You wont recognize the difference. I make spaghetti with them when I have company so I dont pig out on the whole thing because its soooo good :D

I think your plan is fine. Keep on it. If I increasted my activity level it would help but I also have a disc in my back and 2 ridiculous ankles that keep me from being too active. I have to go get my ankles looked at. Maybe in Jan. I don't know what it will be like to have both ankles scoped at once. Figure I could get 1 at a time done but then thats like 4-5 solid months of fooling with bad ankles. The back is just management, no doctor will touch that disk due to it being where the tailbone starts and they just say to manage with inflamation meds.
I'll get it sorted out but in reality I can't complain, I'm 100% mobile I just cant go sprinting around and doing things to aggravate the conditions :D
My ad blocker is blocking the amazon link, what is the name of the pasta please.
I've tried a few brands, and they really aren't that bad, but not great either.

Bad backs suck, I can't wait for our local swimming pool to warm up a bit, so I can start walking laps every morning for the first month. I did it last year and by the end of summer I was swimming 50 laps of freestyle and 50 laps of breast stroke most days, and it felt great.

Riced cauliflower is great and you can do so much with it, works great for stuffed peppers. I will use dreamfields pasta sometimes, most of the carbs are not digestible. I will have to try the carbquick dredge, I have been using ground pork rinds for my bread crumbs.

I cut the carbs for about a year and a half now, not quite as much as you, but did drop 30lbs and got my diabetes numbers way down. Unfortunatlely I am starting to cheat a bit more often, drinking more IPA's and a friend brought in thick Sicilian pizza the other week and the next I knew I woofed down 5 slices....

My ad blocker is blocking the amazon link, what is the name of the pasta please.
I've tried a few brands, and they really aren't that bad, but not great either.

Bad backs suck, I can't wait for our local swimming pool to warm up a bit, so I can start walking laps every morning for the first month. I did it last year and by the end of summer I was swimming 50 laps of freestyle and 50 laps of breast stroke most days, and it felt great.

Pasta is called

The Only Bean -[ Organic Soy Bean Spaghetti Pasta - High Protein, Keto Friendly, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, Kosher, Low Carb, Plant-Based Bean Noodles - 8 oz (6 Pack)]​

I converted the link to a "tinyurl" so this link works to take u to the pasta on Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/2fsdpm6m

• Love
Reactions: forktender
Last week, my wife and I had our yearly physicals and I gained some unneeded Covid weight, so it's time to crack down and lose some of it for health reasons. This isn't going to be easy, as we love our carbs in our house. I need to find a few things, if you could help me, I'd surely appreciate it. Here are a few things that I need to find a substitute for.

#1: bread, both sandwich and dinner rolls.
#2: tortillas and pasta.
#3: flour.
#4:BBQ sauce .
#5: recipes, techniques, and ideas.

Thank you.
mama's been on the keto thing for about a year. it breaks my heart when we score some sale skirt steak and I sear it and make gob-stuffed fajitas, and she's the eating skirt on a pile of lettuce. she bought one of those grocrey store check out keto recipe books and found a carnita recipe we eat all the time. There are also , but hard to find,gluten-free keto shells (tortilla) I mentioned in another post beef shoulder roast we've been getting at winn-dickme for $249 or $3.49 lb. she crock pots the carnita recipe, but i just ordered a sous vide, so that might change. My numbers are ok, and my heart doctor is up my butt about diet, but in moderation my numbers have been ok.

mama's been on the keto thing for about a year. it breaks my heart when we score some sale skirt steak and I sear it and make gob-stuffed fajitas, and she's the eating skirt on a pile of lettuce. she bought one of those grocrey store check out keto recipe books and found a carnita recipe we eat all the time. There are also , but hard to find,gluten-free keto shells (tortilla) I mentioned in another post beef shoulder roast we've been getting at winn-dickme for $249 or $3.49 lb. she crock pots the carnita recipe, but i just ordered a sous vide, so that might change. My numbers are ok, and my heart doctor is up my butt about diet, but in moderation my numbers have been ok.
The brand Mission Tortillas has some carb friendly + gluten free tortillas. The carb friendly branded ones taste like the regular store bought tortillas, I havent tried the high protein ones.

To me all store bought tortillas taste like sytrofoam BUT if you warm em up in a skillet to where they get crispy on both sides, but not so much to where they just break all apart when folding, then you can have perfectly edible and enjoyable tortillas. The carb friendly "spinach" flavored ones are only like 2-3gm net carb per tortilla. That should do the trick for just a pair of them Tex-Mex or Mexican food day. They also work just as well for sandwich wraps :)

Check your local grocery story (Kroger probably has em). I hope this helps your mother out

Riced cauliflower is great and you can do so much with it, works great for stuffed peppers. I will use dreamfields pasta sometimes, most of the carbs are not digestible. I will have to try the carbquick dredge, I have been using ground pork rinds for my bread crumbs.

I cut the carbs for about a year and a half now, not quite as much as you, but did drop 30lbs and got my diabetes numbers way down. Unfortunatlely I am starting to cheat a bit more often, drinking more IPA's and a friend brought in thick Sicilian pizza the other week and the next I knew I woofed down 5 slices....
I just had some riced cauliflower pasta for the first time and was taken completely by surprise as to how much they tasted like regular egg-noodles. Texture was also spot-on.

I just had some riced cauliflower pasta for the first time and was taken completely by surprise as to how much they tasted like regular egg-noodles. Texture was also spot-on.
what was the brand? I have not seen cauliflower pasta

what was the brand? I have not seen cauliflower pasta
clifish clifish - here you go

20220525_142806.jpg

I started doing Keto in late Nov. of 2021, because of high blood pressure, hell everything was high. My retest last month my blood pressure was completely normal. My cholesterol levels where completely normal and my blood sugars are completely normal and I'm off all of the med's that my Dr had me on for them. Today was weigh in day ,and I've lost a total of 55 lbs, 5 lbs away from my goal weight loss of 60 lbs by the end of June. If I make it I will weigh 5lbs less than the day that I got married 20+ yrs ago.

So, I wanted to sincerely thank you all for the encouraging words, and support, it was a huge help.

Thank you.
Dan.

PS, 5 more pounds until I can eat a couple slices of PIZZA as my reward meal, then right back to watching what I eat.:emoji_sunglasses:
Well this Keto stuff really works.
I've exceeded my 60 lb goal by 4 lbs. My recant blood work was 100% normal actually a little bit low in some areas. I feel 100X better than I did in late November. I went from size XXXL shirts and sweat pants down to sixe XL being a little loose. I actually saw my pecker again around the first of the year, "hey there little buddy, long time no see". Okay enough joking, I've decided to go for another 16 lbs, that will put my at my motorcross and skydiving days weight.
Im freak'in blessed and super amazed.

Thank you for all of the support and encouragement, you guys made me believe.

If anyone is on the fence about starting this lifestyle, all I can say is just go for it all you stand to lose is inches, blubber and weight.

”You can do it!!!

God bless.
Dan.

Last edited:
Good job!!! I did it a few years ago to shed weight from 2 rounds of steroids for a back injury. I started on it July 7, 2018 when I left the doctor's office after weighing in at 284.6, and by March 13, 2019 I weighed in at 236.8, and went back on it throughout last year and had tons of energy and got down to 226.8. I dropped my cholesterol to 175 and lowered my blood pressure too. It helped with some stomach/digestion issues that I've had because of heavy antibiotics for a staph infection many years prior too. The HARDEST thing that I gave up was beer, but vodka and flavored water replaced it. Trying to maintain the losses and not fall back into old ways of eating is tough but doable. Again, congrats.
Right on, congratulations!!!

I'm being pretty careful, I don't want to have to do strict Keto ever again, the past 3 moths I've been doing low carb, but eating most vegetables, except potatoes.
Originally I gained a BUNCH of weight due to steroid injection, I get them twice a year still.

My back is completely jacked up. I've had spinal fusions, and they tell me that I need another, I'm not doing it until it gets unbearable this time, because they fix one thing and screw up 3 to 5 other things. When I had my first fusion I had to give up all of my action sports, and being laid up, I found comfort in food.
I drink a few Michelob ultra's a week and have a neat bourbon, or a bourbon highball a few times a week now, instead of a 30 or more of Original Coor's Long necks a week. LOL!!! I miss hanging out on the river pounding beers with my friends while fishing, but oh well, gotta do what I gotta do.

Well this Keto stuff really works.
Good for you!

It doesn't work for everyone, but I am glad you had success. I have been on and off of it a few times, and been successful even when it is lazy keto. The siren call of flour in its many forms (bread, pastry, thickening agent, on and on...), popcorn, and sugar in my coffee -- these are the things that are a tripping hazard in my keto journeys.

Our daughter has been visiting and is not keto, so we willingly joined her, but she is returning to the UK in a couple of days. So, between her departure and knowing it is time to Keto again, I was happy to see an update on the success you have been having. A positive message to all who are thinking of doing it.

Jason

And on a further note as I didn't see it in this thread -- the bread replacement that I liked the most was chaffles. We would usually do up about 30 at a time and freeze them in bags of 10. Plus you can change it up and make variations of savoury or sweet.

Jason

For four years now I have been strict keto/low carb/ anti grain.

Very rarely even a portion of food with the devils seed (corn 😬) as part of the ingredients.

Rush/Emergency job plucked me from my happy home on the long 4th of July weekend.

Found myself in a hotel in SC. and due to some truck mechanical issues I didn’t want to go out for dinner so I looked up delivery.

A local favorite for NY style deep dish pizza……

“Its been forever, you deserve it, go for it!”

Ate half the thing by myself
Stuffed
Gluttonous
Almost couldn’t drink a beer afterwards I was so full!!!!

Two days later I got the Covid for the first time…..

Coincidence?

I think not. 😒

😬

• Wow
Just started doing Keto (Actually just low carb, not striving for ketosis per se, which has worked well for me in the past). Last time I did it, there were pretty much no commercial bread substitutes, but now there are some decent ones, particularly from Costco.

Congrats Dan that's quite an accomplishment!
And encouraging to us that need to try it out !
The wife has been on WW due to HBP and cholesterol issues and I need to try your style to live longer!

Keith

• Love
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky