Kabanosy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Never had it , but seems to be popular ( now I know why it is ) I Used the recipe out of Marianski'book . This was 2 separate batches . First one was 1000 grams pork . Followed the book exactly . These are really good . Didn't last long . I got the smoke right on this first batch . I ran the 6 inch tube with hickory and oak . Then filled it again and ran it til it was out .
Added angles at the top of the 30 to hold a tray for hanging .
Easy load ,
20190429_073216.jpg
Easy unload .
20190429_152058.jpg
Still getting used to the sheep casings , but have to say I waited to long to try them .
First batch out of smoker .
20190429_155739.jpg
Outside temps were still kind off cool when I made these . So I have a room in the basement that stays around 58 degrees . So I put them in to dry . This is after 5 days of drying .
20190504_090230.jpg 20190504_090335.jpg
These were perfect , for spice smoke and texture .

Second batch I doubled . Only used one 6 " tube of smoke . That wasn't enough .
Warmed up outside , so my area in the basement did too . Only got to hang these a couple days . They were still good , but the first batch was great .
Second batch ,
20190514_165718.jpg
After a couple day dry time .
20190517_161610.jpg 20190517_162330.jpg
All came out good , just miss the smoke on the second go round .

Man I must led a sheltered life. I've never heard of them let alone tasted one, but judging by you pic's they look good and really like sausages.

Point for sure.
Chris

Reactions: JC in GB
Looks good. Experiment makes you find what you like.

Looks good. Experiment makes you find what you like.
Thanks , I agree . I just missed the mark on the second batch . Not enough smoke , but they are really good .

CS, Good looking Kabs !

I thought about trying that same recipe & will do so now!
Thanks fellas . CM I looked thru your thread before I made these . Helpful .
Al , you won't be sorry makes a great stick . Page 259 . I really like the hang time after the smoke . Might work out with your new chamber .

Reactions: crazymoon
Man those look tasty!!! Good job!
Thanks . You got me thinking real wood smoke . I just realized I used a chunk of hickory on the heating element with the first smoke along with the tube . That might be why the smoke was better .

Those look great, well done sir! Which book was the recipe from?
Thank you . Home production of quality meats and sausage . Stanley / Adam Marianski . Best book on the subject in my opinion , but I use alot of info from here too .

Thanks . You got me thinking real wood smoke . I just realized I used a chunk of hickory on the heating element with the first smoke along with the tube . That might be why the smoke was better .

:emoji_fire: I'm been thinken the whole thing was in my head......but it sure seems the natural wood :emoji_fire: sure seems to add a unique elegance and flavor complexity to it.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky