Just an Idea on OTBS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ARCHIVE!!! I may be old but..............
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

If you do that then Bubba's post count will drop back under 2K
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif
icon_evil.gif

My take on this would be to organize it by year. Break the original thread apart, with pointers to the succeeding threads. "OTBS 2005", "OTBS 2006", etc.

Keep thinking and discussing.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

I like that idea too! Any Mod input?

A lot of good suggestions. As far as input, mine doesn't really matter.

Dutch is in charge of the OTBS. Let's see what he thinks.

OH yes it does, You just don't know it yet!
cool.gif

OK, I'll toss in two cents.

As OTBS #6, I have seen a lot of changes and a lot of folks come and go. And if you reference the OTBS sticky you will realize just how many of the originals are still here and still dedicated to helping all the new folks with respect and dignity. No head games here! Just plain honest folks helping others.

Now, about the OTBS thread. There are a lot of great ideas being floated here. Most of them totally workable. I am not going to float my own ideas at this time because I am still looking at those which have already been presented and, because I like what I see coming out, I will encourage more ideas to be floated and then we can most likely choose the best course of action with most likely a combination of what we feel are the better ideas!

So, keep burning the midnight wood, er, uh, oil and let your best ideas come forth!

Cheers!

Im on the *** end of years of time and tradition. I was honored to be inducted and honored to be counted as one of the many. Heres my ideas , just because its fun to be part of a solution.
Why not...
Why cant OTBS be listed as a sub topic under anouncements or any where else for that matter. Within that subsection can be a host of sub sub topics such as
1 statement of purpose
2 current member list
3 nominees
3 otbs congratulations (this can be flushed once a year as neccasary)
4 anything else that might warrant a category.

I was also thinkin today, instead of brooming the old posts, can't we set them in a "link" that folks could link onto if they were interested in finding out the who, where and when of the founding OTBS members. Almost like moving the first 100 or whatever number to another corner of this site, just like linking to the stuff on the left side of the page or other "links" associated with the SMF machine! Quick and easy, new bandwidth available!

at the risk of being a kiss azz, I think its great that the mods are sitting quietly watching what the membership is offering as ideas.

Um... I didn't read the whole thread so maybe this has been brought up before, but why not make a new section for the OTBS, make a locked, sticky post that has a little bit about the OTBS and the current list of knights and squires? The admin/mods could update the list as it goes, but regular users couldn't post so that thread won't get huge.
Then just make a new post within the OTBS section for each nomination, etc. and everyone can do the congratulations and everything in that. That way you don't have one huge thread with 1000 pages.

So it'd look kinda like this:

OTBS Section
sticky: Current OTBS Knights (locked)
sticky: Squires List (locked)
sticky: OTBS history and rules
I nominate XYZ and PDQ for the OTBS
Cogratulations to ABC, our newest Knight
etc.

Thanks for all the ideas. The moderators and Jeff discussed many of these ideas last night. We are continuing to discuss them and possibly make some changes soon that will allow the OTBS system to be more manageable and easier to use.

The current OTBS thread will remain locked for now.

Thanks for your help and for your patience.

I thought I noticed a "union meeting" going on in chat last night!

Good to hear.
cool.gif

Here's my 2 cents as a relative new member.

If I get this correct the problem is the current thread is to big and taking up to much space and/or bandwidth.

Why not create a new forum heading OTBS. Just divide the current mess into however many threads it takes to make the bandwidth tolerable and make those stickies.

Then from now on into the future each new person would be a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky