jumpin in feet first!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gadgetguy

Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
michigan
been doin this smokin thing around 6 months now,and starting to get good at it. today i got the smoker goin and put in some ribs for dinner , my first fattie and my first batch of abt's !!! going to be in smoked meat heaven today!!!
I sautee'd shrooms and onions, shredded some gouda cheese and pasted it up with sundried tomato pesto!! that fattie ought to rock!!! can't wait till they are done . using hardwood lumpcoal and apple wood for smoke!
HarryC
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I just learned of these things called fatties, and already I'm HOOKED. I can't wait for next weekend to try one out.....but knowing my Sons, I might have to make 2. hahaha
Let us know how yours turns out, and post some pix if possible.
Good eatin'.

Well fella's i don't have a photobucket set up yet so sorry no q-view but i'll get that going in the future. at first i couldn't figure out which i liked better!!! those abt's are amazing!!! never been much a jalopeno fan but those things are the bomb!!! that fatty was awsome too but gonne play with that one till i get a favorite recipe goin on , but nonetheless both were great!!! i had 4 abt's and so did the wife! she's my biggest critic and loved them both also. So now i got the ribs still goin for dinner , still lookin for my favorite recipe for them. I got meatheads memphis dust on them and gonna just try plain old open pit on them for a change. still looking for a great bbq sauce recipe!! if my dr. saw the way i'm eating today he'd be running for the dephibrilator!!!
HarryC

like they say practice makes perfect, someday gonna build me a competition smoker and another friend of mine thats here and i are gonna do some competitions for fun!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

HarryC

Sounds good. Just remember - if you are cooking one fatty, you may as well make another, cause you are going to want it... and sine you are already spending the time and the fuel - well, why not?

Violator - no reason to wait till next weekend - the beauty of the fatty is that they only take about 1.5 hours to cook.... sounds like dinner to me!

Well,....um, er, uh........well, I broke a Cardinal rule for smokers today.....I uh,.....well I ran out of wood chip, alright...There I said it. I'm NOT proud of it, but it's true.
'sides, my youngest Son would KILL me, knowing I smoked some cabbage and then made one of these "fatties".....I sent him a photo of one (photo provided by one of you guys - Thanx) and he approves. He is 19 and eats like 4 regular people (and still stays thin)(oh to be young again).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky