Judy’s Ear

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
OK, so my wife Judy bakes constantly. We have more flour in the freezer than we do meat!
Anyhow she says that the Ear on rustic sourdough bread means that it had a perfect rise (correct her if she is wrong). To me it just looks cool & when you slice it, you have a handle! Here is a loaf she just took out of the oven. And as you can see the oven will have some bagels in there next! It always smells good here!
As soon as it cools down & we slice it, were gonna have some beef bacon BLT’s
IMG_1668.jpeg

IMG_1667.jpeg
IMG_1666.jpeg
IMG_1665.jpeg
IMG_1664.jpeg

Had to do a quick edit, the pumpernickel bagels are done & they are good!!
First time she ever made them, but won’t be the last!
IMG_1669.jpeg

Thanks for looking guys!
Al

Last edited:
Man Ms Judy is a keeper if for no other reason than her bread making! Betting those are gonna be some killer BLTs!

Jim

Reactions: SmokinAl
Judy is awesome my friend and please tell her I said that. What an amazing baker she is.
As soon as it cools down & we slice it, were gonna have some beef bacon BLT’s
If you have not already done these, you're in for one heck of a treat buddy. Also, please remember the spaghetti pizzas I made on her sourdough that I sent you pics of :emoji_wink: Those were fantastic!!

Robert

Al
Having met both of you I don't foresee any changes in marriage status so quit drooling boys.

I don't bake much as my wife has a bit of something allergy to regular wheat.
I see no reason to keep flour in the freezer outside of your 80° pantry unless Judy says otherwise.

Aweome looking bread there Judy

Warren
Thank you Warren!
Judy
I ear that...lol

AWESOME Judy & Al
Thanks Rick, as a baker we thought you would like this!
Judy
Awesome looking bread!
But...
You are wrong if you think she needs correction :emoji_wink:
Thanks Eddie!
I know nothing about baking, so I wouldn’t be correcting her!
Al
Man Ms Judy is a keeper if for no other reason than her bread making! Betting those are gonna be some killer BLTs!

Jim
Thanks Jim,
They were killer BLT’s
IMG_1670.jpeg

Judy is awesome my friend and please tell her I said that. What an amazing baker she is.

If you have not already done these, you're in for one heck of a treat buddy. Also, please remember the spaghetti pizzas I made on her sourdough that I sent you pics of :emoji_wink: Those were fantastic!!

Robert
Thank you Robert!
We do remember your pizzas, and it is something that we will try.
Judy & Al
Judy is am amazing baker! They all look so good. I might need her to throw another recipe my way :emoji_wink:
Thanks Brian!
I’ll be glad to send any recipe that you want, but most of my recipes come from King Arthur!
Judy
Al, I wouldn't Correct her if she was wrong anyways because it looks great.
Thanks Brian!
I wouldn’t dare correct her on any baking issue!
Al
Fantastic . That's perfect .
Thank you Chop!
Judy
Man that looks awesome! Give me a pound of softened butter and that loaf fresh out of the oven and I could eat that whole thing!!!

But my doctor would kick my... 😂
Thanks RS!
The sourdough bread & bagels are what Al eats the most of, so I make a lot of them!
Judy
VOTE " Judy for President "

come on , fresh bagel BLT'S.

Don't let her get away Al.

I love the smell of fresh bake goods in the morning.

David
Thanks David!
What can I say? I love to bake!
Judy
Judy is awesome at baking! I'd weigh 400 lbs if I was close!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!
Al & I eat bread every day, but the sourdough is good for your gut, so we look at it like health food!
Judy
Al....your wife KNOWS how to bake! Give Judy my compliments....hell of a rise there my friend!
Thanks Keith!
I have been baking a long time & still learning new things!
Judy
Those are the definition of perfection!!!!
Thank-you Sir!
Judy
Pumpernickel bagels = pastrami bagels!

For the sourdough, like Spook, I just need a stick of butter while the bread is still warm.
Heck yea, pastrami bagels sound great, but Al is having 1 with lox & says it is the best!
Judy
Al
Having met both of you I don't foresee any changes in marriage status so quit drooling boys.

I don't bake much as my wife has a bit of something allergy to regular wheat.
I see no reason to keep flour in the freezer outside of your 80° pantry unless Judy says otherwise.
Thanks John!
I keep some of the flour in the pantry, but WW flour has to be kept in the freezer because of the wheat germ, and I have some other flours that have nuts & seeds in them & also need to be kept frozen for a longer shelf life.
Judy

Those look fantastic.
I wish I was your neighbor. I would come mow your lawn, clean gutters , rake leaves, anything, for an occasional loaf. :emoji_wink:

Those look fantastic.
I wish I was your neighbor. I would come mow your lawn, clean gutters , rake leaves, anything, for an occasional loaf. :emoji_wink:
Thank you, if you were our neighbor you would be eating a free loaf !
I have Al to do the other stuff!
Judy

Reactions: Winterrider
Al, you are a lucky man. You are both very smart to find things that you love to do that you can do together. That food looks amazing. Cy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky