Jerky curing question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tanner Blatt

Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Just put a batch of beef jerky into the dehydrator this morning . I marinated it last night for a total of around 15 hours. I used reduced sodium soy sauce , worcestershire, terryaki with pineapple juice , and 4 small caps worth of Dales. After this I used some mesquite flavoring and added some reaper pepper flakes into the mix . At the end of this I added the curing salt . My amount of meat was roughly 1 pound and called for 1/4 tea spoon of curing salt ... I accidentally used 1/2 a teaspoon and didn’t realize this until after. Just curious if this batch of jerky will be safe to eat or should I throw it out?

Very slightly under one pound , and yes just trying to sample around a few recipes and start making larger batches here pretty soon hopefully

Roughly over or under one pound of meat? In either case you'll be alright.

Is this a sample batch to hone you recipe? 1 pound of wet meat will only net out to a few ounces of jerky.
Very slightly under one pound , and yes just trying to sample around a few recipes and start making larger batches here pretty soon hopefully

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky