Jamison from Salt Lake City, Utah

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrdarby

Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Hello.

I have only been smoking meat for about 4 months now, but I do it at least once a week. Most of what i have tried has come from this website. I have learned a lot but still have a long way to go. I first fell in love with BBQ while living in Texas. When I moved back to Salt Lake I found the restaurants here lacking and decided that if I wanted to enjoy brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and all the rest, I would have to learn to make it myself. I bought the 18.5 Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker and I love it. I decided to get this type of smoker because I wanted to make an event of smoking rather than plugging in an electric one and forgetting about it. Although I have used an electric smoker and I did enjoy it.

I use Jeff's rub, which is great, but I want to make my own sauce. I have tried some recipes I found on line, some in Jeff's book, and some from my coworkers and there is always something missing from them, not that they weren't good, just not great. If anyone has any helpful tips I would love to hear from you.

welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky