Its only December, but I wish summer was here already.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coolpick87

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I hate this cold. I wish summer was here. I cant wait for the pool, large BBQs with my friends, canoe trips, fishing, getting drunk and falling asleep/passing out next to the fire pit
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
. I'm just kidding about the last part, but having fires in the backyard are really nice. I know I can still have BBQs but half the fun is pulling up a bunch of chairs on the patio, watch the smoker, drink beer, and BS with my friends.

I hear ya. Got the smoker going now with a pork loin and a fatty, but I can't hardly stand to hang around out there and enjoy the smell of smoke with a cold beer. I know, I probably sound like a big whiner since we are only in the mid 30s and no snow, but we have been having below average temps for a few weeks here in OK and it sucks. This weather is going to make Jan and Feb seem really long.
icon_mad.gif

I prefer summer also
but the winter can not stop me ,to do BBQ/Smoke things

I am too addicted
icon_wink.gif

I love the outdoors even when cold, but I look at the winter as time to hone my craft. Just me and the cooking. I think it makes life much easier when kids, family and friends are running around and summer.

I like summer too thats whay I live in Fla and it's not really cold here to much. But you can still hang out by the smoker you'll just have alot of clothes on to stay warm.

This winter is really causing my arthritis to act up. It mostly affects both knees and my hips. I just throw on my insulated overalls and my knees and hips don't even know that it's cold out.

I hear you guy's!! might have to put on a tee shirt today for my smoke-heck it's spose to dip into the mid 60"s for Christmas day-guess I will have to cook inside. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Reading this as my toes are still frozen from shoveling more snow today...
so cold...so snowy...

Does make me miss those days out in Arizona where in the Winter there is a 30% chance of rain everyday.

Thats what I have to do to Dutch, just to stay warm when working outside. But then the weight of all my winter garb, and confined movement starts to drag me down. I understand snowbirds now, didn't used to as I used to love winter. I guess I need to start playing in it more. I still wouldn't give up living where I've got 4 seasons, here we say they are almost winter, winter, not quite winter and summer.

That just isn't right. I have an opportunity to move back out to Sedona, Az. If you know Sedona, I travel north to Flag and go skiiing and travel a few miles south to Cottonwood/Cornville and enjoy the sun.
Did my wife and step daughter put you up to writing this? LOL
My step daughter lives there now and says she could have me a job as soon as I get there.
--ray--

FIU - I saw your shovel. Wow.

I put on my winter windbreaker today to get the smoker going. BBBRRRrrrrrrrrr!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky