Issue with Masterbuilt Propane Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ukbbn

Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
Hello All,

My wife and I moved in July, and since the move, our Masterbuilt Proapne smoker has has two issues:

1. If I try to cut off gas through the knob, the flame appears to go out, but if I turn the knob back on, the flame comes right back without the need of the ingnition switch.

2. There is a small flame that appears where the valve meets the pipe that leads up to the burner, right where they intersect., I can blow it out, but it keeps showing up every time I like the smoke

Any help is great.

Here is underneath my smoker. Is this where you see the flame? If so, that’s not good. Take it apart and make sure there’s no debris or spider webs blocking any of the orfices. Spiders like those kind of places. Check everything.
12DB4D3C-1AF5-403A-A01A-D8F77DEE81C1.jpeg

Also, if you haven’t already done so, do a soapy water test to check for leaks at the connector. Whenever you detach it, ALWAYS do a test to check for leaks.
4CC10395-A056-4A8A-B658-75B1BE0EF55E.jpeg

The blue you see there is pipe dope aka gasket sealer. Make sure it’s rated for gas.

Also, if that doesn’t work replace your propane regulator hose. After that call masterbuilt customer service if you’re issues aren’t resolved, I have always found them pleasant and helpful.

I could be totally wrong because I’m not sure exactly where you’re seeing the flame, but safety is number 1 here.

Yes, that is where the flame keeps appearing, and like i said, the actual burner flame doesnt extinguish when I turn the knob to off (although it does disappear). I have to cut the actual propane tank to really put out the flame. Maintenance guy is offering to fix this for 100$, is this something I can do myself?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky