Injector help please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zepicurean

Original poster
May 29, 2010
Northern Virginia
Hello folks,

I just checked some reviews on Amazon for some injectors, and they're all over the place, and I thought I should come and ask the experts instead. 

Is there a particular brand I should look for? Any advice would be great! 

Thanks!

Zep

I have used many of them out there and thats because most didn't hold up. I have found that a good stainless steel injector with large finger and thumb holes works well and holds up great. I really like the clear ones because you can see that you have them full of flavor and not 1/2 full of air etc. Problem with most plastic models is they end up cracking in the dishwasher from the heat cycle. My last one I bought a couple months ago has worked out good so far. Its been used and run through the dish washer about 9 times. So far no cracking in the plastic. I bet a glass model would be great.

Got a stainless one from Cabela's, works real well.  Been lookin at the bigger stainless ones sold at the farm store fer given critters a shot.  Might try one them when they go on sale.

Thanks for the replies. 

Wingman - I found a tempered glass one that looks pretty good. It doesn't have any reviews yet, but at least I know it's dishwasher safe! It has a stainless needle too. 

travcoman45  - Thanks for the help. I might bite the bullet and get a nice stainless one eventually, but I do like the idea of being able to see how much liquid I've got in the injector, so I think I'll try the glass one I mentioned above first. I'm sure I'll eventually break it though, and end up buying the stainless one in the end. 

You know, you gave me a good idea. I have a friend who's a Vet, and I'm sure she has access to large injectors for horses..... I should give her a call. 

Been using an elcheapo plastic one I found for $3.  Works nicely. Found another for less than $2 so bought it as a back up. 

But when I get a coupon and an order list, I'll probably get the SS Cabelas one.

I have a few that come with the marinade and they work ok. I just got me a cajun injector Deluxe model and it works alot better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky