Injecting Ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No to thin to hold much, also not needed is the biggest thing, most food doesn't need injected anyway but a brine could be classified as a lazy mans injection :emoji_laughing:

No to thin to hold much, also not needed is the biggest thing, most food doesn't need injected anyway but a brine could be classified as a lazy mans injection :emoji_laughing:

Well that other link to Jeff's injecting brisket was a colossal game changer on tender and juicy brisket, same with injecting an organic chicken. I'm sold on using it for at least those two.

TNJAKE TNJAKE once mentioned to me that injecting ribs with creole garlic was da bomb, but I have yet to try it.

Only injected ribs a couple of times for backyard cooks bit it's a must for the one bite challenge of competition cooking.
I use Kosmos Q or Blues Hog pork powder.

Keith

Have not injected ribs but I have cured them, I really liked them, BUT I like ribs no mater how they are done.

1711447252189.png

David

I'll try to find it sometime but one of my many bbq follows on YouTube did an experiment with some poultry (chicken breast maybe) where they measured the weight of the protein before injecting/brining and then after and the brined piece of meat gained 30% weight compared some the injection which was around 16% I believe. I haven't injected poutry since. EDIT: Not really relevant to OP but thought it was interesting and would share here since the lazy mans injection seems to outperform injection!

I saw this video where he injects his ribs. Wondering if any of you have pro's/con's on this.

I'm asking because I did get an incredible result using Jeff's technique of injecting brisket I posted about here.

I’ve injected beef ribs. (Plate ribs). I’ve used KOSMOS Reserve Blend Brisket Injection. Mixed with Guinness beer. Flavor was full and delicious!
Try it for yourself!

I have injected ribs with Tony C’s marinade with very good results. It doesn’t take much injection to really fill the ribs up. If you try it I would definitely leave the membrane on to help hold in the juices. Good luck!
Al

I have injected ribs with Tony C’s marinade with very good results. It doesn’t take much injection to really fill the ribs up. If you try it I would definitely leave the membrane on to help hold in the juices. Good luck!
Al

That’s a great tip regarding membrane. Which of Tony C’s marinade did you use?

Tony Chachere Injectable Marinade Variety Pack, Butter, Butter Jalapeno and Roasted Garlic, 3 Count
https://a.co/d/hGXzGxt

Well i can get plenty of flavor from a rub as you normally get a bite of both sides, a injection to me is to promote moisture, i leave the membrane on and don’t flip ribs and have been lucky a long time lol

Reactions: chopsaw
I'll try to find it sometime but one of my many bbq follows on YouTube did an experiment with some poultry (chicken breast maybe) where they measured the weight of the protein before injecting/brining and then after and the brined piece of meat gained 30% weight compared some the injection which was around 16% I believe.
I've done all these weigh before and after things . Unless you do it yourself , I wouldn't believe or spread around that a hunk of wet brined meat takes on 30 % of its weight .

Reactions: Smokin Okie
I've done all these weigh before and after things . Unless you do it yourself , I wouldn't believe or spread around that a hunk of wet brined meat takes on 30 % of its weight .
I wanted to prove you wrong so badly! I'm wrong...studies I'm finding show less than 10%. I do prefer it over injecting though because it seems to penetrate more evenly in the meat and doesn't leave any discoloration. Both can have awesome results though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky