Injecting Pork Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokyvalleybbq

Original poster
Mar 1, 2024
Hey yall, I need some expertise. We are hauling the camper to the lake Friday evening for Memorial weekend. I will be throwing a 10 pound butt on the electric smoker about 9 or 10 that night after I work 6am to 6pm. Has anyone ever injected and dry rubbed their butts 24 hours in advance? I know you don't need to inject, but I have a good injection and my family prefers it. The only tendorizer in it is lemon juice, and 4 tablespoons of kosher salt.

Hey yall, I need some expertise. We are hauling the camper to the lake Friday evening for Memorial weekend. I will be throwing a 10 pound butt on the electric smoker about 9 or 10 that night after I work 6am to 6pm. Has anyone ever injected and dry rubbed their butts 24 hours in advance? I know you don't need to inject, but I have a good injection and my family prefers it. The only tendorizer in it is lemon juice, and 4 tablespoons of kosher salt.
I always inject my chicken and pork 24 hours in advance and let them hang out in the fridge, IMHO it disperses better into the meat when it has 24 hours to rest.

- Jason

Hi and Lo temp thermometer overnight may keep from having some problems down the road. Enjoy . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky