I'm selling my Masterbuilt 560

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Okie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
How will the app work for the new owner ?

Is there anything I need to delete somewhere ?

I uninstalled the app from the phone. I went to the MB site and logged into my account, but there's nothing there connecting me to this smoker.

My 560 sold in two days on Facebook Marketplace. I got my asking price of $200.

I originally listed for $275 and got no response. I saw that the 560 was on sale at Amazon and directly from Masterbuilt with free shipping for $400. I made a quick decision that $275 was too much.

I lowered the price to $200 and got five serious responses almost immediately. Two of them were willing to buy without looking at it.

For the past two months I've been watching sales on Facebook, not only in the OKC area where they're rarely listed, but also surrounding region, i.e. north Texas , Kansas City. I saw several remain listed for weeks at $250.

I did list the LSS mods I've added, the hopper cover, the hopper dropper, the manifold cover with brackets, and the expanded metal upper grate. It totaled $300 in mods. I bought the 560 from Walmart two years ago for $250.

I was very surprised it sold so fast, even at $200. I maybe could've gotten another $50, but I really doubt it, even with the mods.

How will the app work for the new owner ?

Is there anything I need to delete somewhere ?

I uninstalled the app from the phone. I went to the MB site and logged into my account, but there's nothing there connecting me to this smoker.
I have yet to use thee app in multitudes of cooks. I wouldn't worry about it. Except my inkbird BBQ 4, I Find apps annoying and un-necessary.

I have yet to use thee app in multitudes of cooks. I wouldn't worry about it. Except my inkbird BBQ 4, I Find apps annoying and un-necessary.

Me too. I rarely used the MB app. But I wanted to be able to answer a potential buyers question. And I did not want to get a call from a buyer telling me the app won't work.

It seems with a lot of people these days, the app is more important than the seasoning and the smoke. They want a new tech tool to play with.

My 560 sold in two days on Facebook Marketplace. I got my asking price of $200.

I originally listed for $275 and got no response. I saw that the 560 was on sale at Amazon and directly from Masterbuilt with free shipping for $400. I made a quick decision that $275 was too much.

I lowered the price to $200 and got five serious responses almost immediately. Two of them were willing to buy without looking at it.

For the past two months I've been watching sales on Facebook, not only in the OKC area where they're rarely listed, but also surrounding region, i.e. north Texas , Kansas City. I saw several remain listed for weeks at $250.

I did list the LSS mods I've added, the hopper cover, the hopper dropper, the manifold cover with brackets, and the expanded metal upper grate. It totaled $300 in mods. I bought the 560 from Walmart two years ago for $250.

I was very surprised it sold so fast, even at $200. I maybe could've gotten another $50, but I really doubt it, even with the mods.
At $200 someone would have likely bought it just for the mods!

Reactions: 912smoker
At $200 someone would have likely bought it just for the mods!

But if I price it with the mods, the number of potential buyers goes way down.

I got no interest with it priced at $275.

Its kinda like making improvements to a house, they might help sell the house but it won't do much for the value of the house.

Its kinda like making improvements to a house, they might help sell the house but it won't do much for the value of the house.
Roof,windows/doors and septic or sewer hookup.These things just on their own can bring the monetary value of a home way up from anywhere from thousands to tens of thousands of dollars depending on sq.footage.

You sold yourself short by not marketing your product with mods to the right clientele.People troll FB and Craigslist just for these kinds of deals and in many cases will turn around and re-sell that same product for twice what they bought it for.

Roof,windows/doors and septic or sewer hookup.These things just on their own can bring the monetary value of a home way up from anywhere from thousands to tens of thousands of dollars depending on sq.footage.

You sold yourself short by not marketing your product with mods to the right clientele.People troll FB and Craigslist just for these kinds of deals and in many cases will turn around and re-sell that same product for twice what they bought it for.

I can promise you, they won't resell this. I researched the market for two months before I even put it up for sale.

I appreciate your opinion though, but if I priced in those mods, it would've set there for months. You really think they could sell those mods ? Right, that market is tiny.

And ya might get a percentage back of what you put into home improvements, but the overall market is gonna dictate your price. I mean really, when it was hot, and houses were selling in one day with bidding wars breaking out, it did not matter if you put new windows in the house. In a tough market, it might help you sell it, but you won't recoup all your expense.

Lets see, I add $300 in mods to the MSRP of a new MB560 and I'm at $800. So I'm gonna get $500 for my used one ?? Sure , yeah right. Not when the buyer can get new for $400.

And to people who've not owned a MBGF, those mods mean nothing.

I can promise you, they won't resell this. I researched the market for two months before I even put it up for sale.

I appreciate your opinion though, but if I priced in those mods, it would've set there for months. You really think they could sell those mods ? Right, that market is tiny.

And ya might get a percentage back of what you put into home improvements, but the overall market is gonna dictate your price. I mean really, when it was hot, and houses were selling in one day with bidding wars breaking out, it did not matter if you put new windows in the house. In a tough market, it might help you sell it, but you won't recoup all your expense.

Lets see, I add $300 in mods to the MSRP of a new MB560 and I'm at $800. So I'm gonna get $500 for my used one ?? Sure , yeah right. Not when the buyer can get new for $400.

And to people who've not owned a MBGF, those mods mean nothing.
Can't speak for your MB grill or it's worth but this I will say I've been in the construction trades for 35 years and roof, windows/doors and septic upgrades will increase the value of a home by tens of thousands of dollars regardless of what the housing market is doing the only thing the market dictates is the final selling price...you will get back what you put in minus inflation and inflation applies to the total cost of anything in life including the total value of the house. It's a seller's market right now and people are buying.

Done.

Can't speak for your MB grill or it's worth but this I will say I've been in the construction trades for 35 years and roof, windows/doors and septic upgrades will increase the value of a home by tens of thousands of dollars regardless of what the housing market is doing the only thing the market dictates is the final selling price...you will get back what you put in minus inflation and inflation applies to the total cost of anything in life including the total value of the house. It's a seller's market right now and people are buying.

Done.

No it won't . Interest rates will have a larger impact. Housing inventory will have a larger impact. The economy in general. Recession fears. Windows won't mean anything.

But you are right that you can't speak for my MB560 grill. You don't know what you don't know.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky