I miss the old Style Splash Page

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncletykie

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Athens, IL
Are we ever gonna get back the old "Splash Page"? you know the first page we would see when we logged in with all the current hot topics?

That was so much more user friendly then having to troll through all the forums.

And for some reason I can't locate the Next page tab on General Discussion form...the first page is all Sticky's except like 8 post and I cant seem to go beyond those

As far as individual forums....at the bottom, change the "from the" option from "Last Day" to whatever you want then click "show threads"

The "new posts" link works sometimes, and other times will only find the last 6 or 7 posts. I agree it is much harder to browse recent threads.

Gene, thanks for all the info! I was having trouble navigating around here too.
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif
biggrin.gif

We are in the process of getting most everything back to the way it was including the active topics that everyone is used to seeing.. it just seems to be taking more time than I expected it would.

By the time we get it done you guys may decide you like it better the way it is now
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Thanks for the work you do Jeff! I too find the new posts sometimes 4 or 5 and other times 12 or more all in an hour. Wierd!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

you are looking for "view all active threads". i dont see it as an option here yet but i think given a little time they will get it all sorted out. thks jeff!!!

More years ago than I can remember, me and my son ran a multi-line BBS (bulletin board system), one of the largest on the east coast (this was back when the 286 was the screamin' hot computer if that tells ya anything!). Driven by Searchlight Software, we had similar problems; upgrading to new versions, moving to 386's then 486's, a new concept called 'networking', etc. And, through it all, we found one thing consistent; it ALWAYS took twice as long and was three times more complicated than what we'd ever imagine! Murphy's Law was commonplace! But, it was exciting, especially when we moved to a US Robotics HST 9600 baud modem (under a Sysop deal for 'only' $550!) and was the first major BBS to bring in FidoNet to all the users, our hub being in Kansas when we were in upstate NY - our phone bills, even with the high speed modem averaged over $600 a month! Then, we had to expand our storage capacity and got the Seagate 120 meg. ½ height HDD - a modern marvel that we'd NEVER fill up, it was MASSIVE compared to our 10 meg full-height Seagate!
So, Jeff, I empathize with all the hard work and long hours you're investing to bring us the best in message boards on the net! Times have changed but processes haven't; and I know everyone is anxious to get back to everything that was before and I know you'll deliver with far more than most could ever imagine! Kudos upon kudos to you and your crew for the long, hard hours you've spent! If there's anything ANY of us can do to help, don't hesitate to ask!

Pops §§

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky