I just ordered a Lang 36 UPDATE: It's seasoned & ready to go! Photo's on post #81

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey I have just finished my hybrid Lang out of a 500 Gallon tank and was wondering about temp control. I have read they suggested to raise the nose of the smoker slightly above level to help draw heat. Does anyone have pointers or tips to help increase and maintain heat issues?

6D7E5640-867A-481C-AFB9-305AA0A124C0.jpeg

Your exhaust is closed to the point smoke and heat are leaking out of the CC...

Do you have FB inlets like in the picture ??

did you use Feldons or Our calculator to build you smoker ??

Smoker Exh and Intakes 2.jpg .. Smoker exh and int 3 Ahumadora.jpg

I used Felton’s and I have 3 6” dia vents in the smoker box 2 in the side and 1 in the door I think I was choking the fire out cause I had them open about a 1/4 inch.

That pic I posted was me seasoning the cooker. I am smoking right now I figured out that if I keep my flue open and tilt the nose of the smoker up 1 degree and keep the dampers open on the smoke box I keep a stabilized temp of 260 /280 and have clean blue smoke. And I can adjust heat by raising and lowering the tounge of the trailer and by adjusting the dampers on the firebox. I also put a gasket around the cooking door and it has stopped the leaking. I found out that my firebox is big enough to place a few sticks of wood in to preheat withdrawing all moisture to cause that nasty smoldering white smoke. It has taking some studying but I think I have figured it out.

That pic I posted was me seasoning the cooker. I am smoking right now I figured out that if I keep my flue open and tilt the nose of the smoker up 1 degree and keep the dampers open on the smoke box I keep a stabilized temp of 260 /280 and have clean blue smoke. And I can adjust heat by raising and lowering the tounge of the trailer and by adjusting the dampers on the firebox. I also put a gasket around the cooking door and it has stopped the leaking. I found out that my firebox is big enough to place a few sticks of wood in to preheat withdrawing all moisture to cause that nasty smoldering white smoke. It has taking some studying but I think I have figured it out.

Sounds like you're getting to know your Smoker!!
Beautiful Build!!
Like.

Bear

Hey guys I just started a new thread last night with build picks and some of the butts I finished. I cooked 9 on it last night they were awesome. Lots of compliments, fed 100 today for lunch at work. The thread is “This is my new Hybrid Lang I just built” enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky