I found a satay(sate) Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
cool.gif

Now is this the grill/smoker that you put the top on and then put the coals on top of that???

Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a Satay grill just like this for years now.  Can someone please share where I can find one of this quality?

I really want one.

Thank you

I live in Long Beach CA and I am looking for a charcoal satay griller like yours. Where did you buy this, what is the size of it (LxWxH) and how much did you pay for it?

Thanks, Rick

From his photos it looks to be a custom made polished stainless box without a bottom with rods to hold the charcoal up out of the ashes that sits in a stainless tray to catch the ashes and a stainless grill on top, any steel fabrication shop could make one up for you, just tell them how big you want it.

I would say 40"-48" long, 8" wide and 8" deep, copy the photo and take it with you and they could whip one out in no time.

Gene

Thanks for the suggestion. Interestingly enough, one of my Singapore friends is making one for me right now. Also my brother who lives in Malaysia will be carting one over with him when he comes to visit next month. I need all the grills I can get because I am doing a "satay pool party for 40 people. Most of my friends can eat at least 4 to six sticks of the satay I make.

Cheers, Rick

Hey Rick,

I'm glad I could be of help, the locals use something similar to a Satay to BBQ on, but it always outside.

Because of this thread I did some research on 'Satay,' what is the difference between cooking on a Satay grill and a Weber?

I agree the recipes are interesting, but to me that seems to be because of a geographical difference, what I saw was people BBQ'ing at their table instead of outdoors, ...enlighten me please.

Gene

Hi Gene,

The satay grills used in Singapore & Malaysia are long and narrow. They are always used outdoors set on a surface that can take the indirect heat from the grill. The satay is grilled on the rack arranged in a row.

Tabletop grilling is generally  for Korean bbq. Off course you can always do something different if you like.

Hope this answers your question.

Rick

I like that stainless steel satay grill!  never seen anything like it on the internet.  how  can find something like that for purchse?

Roderick

I have one that is being delivered to my doorstep as I type !  Can't wait to get home from work...  It's taken a year.  I had tried importfoods before but they were out of stock and it was the only place I had ever seen selling them.  Luckily the last time I visted their site for a recipe I notcied they had them again.  I plan to fire it up Sunday for some superbowl apps

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky