• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Howdy Y'all

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigdtex

Dec 19, 2012
 Hi all. I just purchased a new Char Griller Smoking Pro, after doing some considerable research and then finding this web page. I decided that for the amount of money I was willing to spend on my first horizontal smoker and the mods posted here, the CGSP was for me. I have been grilling since I was in my teens and owned a number of grilles and of most recent been using my great grandfathers old cast iron grill. I love brisket and had a hard time getting a good smoke on a regular grill. Hence my new purchase.

As I was excited to throw this new pit together I had a bear of a time with assembly. My best guess as an electrical engineer is that the frame warped at some point during this grills shelf life. The barrel does not sit on the frame with the screws in and I can only get 3 of the bolts in, as the fourth wont line up. But non the less I assembled it missing one bolt and then fired it up the next day. The fire got pretty high when I was starting it and caught the paint on fire, on top of the fire box. The pork butt I smoked came out great but now I'm left wondering whether to return the grill or try to make it work. Any suggestions? I was thinking of repainting the firebox and possibly drilling new holes in the barrel to line up with the frame. Will call the manufacturer after the holidays see if I can get a new frame out of them.

s2k9k

AMNPS Test Group
Sep 8, 2011
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

I think I would call CharGriller also and see if they will help. they are a pretty big name so hopefully you will get some help, if not get out the drill and paint and start personalizing it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky