Hosin Sriachai Pork Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin vegas

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

Ribs were brined in water, dark brown sugar, onion and garlic powder, salt, cure#1, and water for five days,  

I made a sauce of 

1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce

1/4 teaspoon Jamaican Seasoning
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon oil

Basted ribs with sauce and smoke for 2 hours at 180 degrees and 1 hour at 220 degrees.  The ribs were done but really needed another hour in the smoker.  The Hosin Sauce really made the flavor of the meat pop.  Was so so good!

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinAl
Those ribs look absolutely delicious!

I agree that 3 hours at those temps weren't quite long enough.

But I have to give you a point anyway!

Congrats on making the carousel!

Al

those ribs looks great and has me very interested about that flavor.  I think this would be a hit at my house.  Can you provide the recipe breakdown for the brine?

• 1/4 cup kosher salt
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • !/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder 
  • 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
  • I doubled the recipe and brine 2 racks of ribs and a chicken.
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 teaspoons cure #1 (I order this off Amazon it is sometimes hard to find)

Great looking Ribs   Had to be Fantastic  
icon14.gif

points1.png

Gary

They were I finished them off.  Baugh ha ha! I beat my honey them!  He got the tri tip left overs not a bad second choice though.  Tri tip was amazing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky