Honor...Simply put...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vulcan75001

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 27, 2006
Danbury, Ct.
Honor.....simply put

A veteran - whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve is
someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made
payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and
including my life."

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who
no onger understand it.
-- Author Unknown

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Excellent!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

As a citizen of the USA we also agree to defend our country, the belief in equality for all men and woman, the freedom to choose what we believe, and the right to defend those who for one reason or another can not or will nor defend themselves.

I pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the replublic for which it stands
One Nation,
UNDER GOD,
Indivisible
with liberty and justice
for all

Some of us choose to further that Allegiance by stating yet another pledge...

"I, ____ do solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Amen

This is the current Oath of Enlistment (US NAVY). AFAIK, it doesn't expire.

I, ___________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Dont think anyone could have said it better!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
To all who have served...Be it Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Marines, and yes, Air Force...Thanks!

I don't know how many listen to country music but this is a great song out now by Tim McGraw called Already Home

Rodger..
It was by no means my intention to offend you or anyone else by putting this in the joke section...maybe it was a poor choice on my part...but...looking back thru this section...other serious subjects have been posted here..therefore the post in this section...in the future I will be more conscious, as to where I post things...

Richard, let me tell you as a combat wounded Vet it made no difference to me where you posted it, it was the intent of the post that mattered to me, Thank You
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks to Vulcan for this wonderful post.You are on the money when you say people take for granted the service so many men and women have provided for this country.Take a little time and do some research or just tune into the History channel sometimes and see the horrors that many of our service people have endured over the course of this countries young history.I am very proud to be a member of a family who has served.Between myself and my two older brothers we have a total of 56 years of service to this country.Im not bragging or saying its a great feat,we believe its a duty that needs to be provided to make sure we can live free.like people should be able to.I just wonder how many people in this country have any idea what happened in the Philippines during WWII.The horrors those men endured is beyond my comprehension.

As a Reserve Component veteran I took the Oath of Enlistment on three different occasions (1 enlistment and 2 re-enlistments). As a former law dawg I've have also taken the Oath of Allegiance. Stirring events, all of them.

Excellent post and fantastic responses. With your permission, I'm posting this in General Discussion.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky