Homemade Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
A cold and blustery night here in Colorado called for a hot batch of chili.

1 lb browned hamburger
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 pkg of chili powder (your preference)
2/3 bottle of Bud Light
1/4 cup of ketchup
1/4 cup of kc masterpiece bbq sauce
1 1/2 tbsp of black pepper
2 cans of Bush’s chili beans (kidney beans)

Mix everything and bring to a boil, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.

Reduce to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.

Spread butter on crackers and dip in your chili.

976AB3A6-5930-4D42-8C2A-275621FB6E4A.jpeg

0440C3BB-7EA7-4CAC-833A-132C343BA017.jpeg

The Recipe sounds tasty...JJ

Thats a Great idea! The Chorizo has a lot of the same flavors. Its a Pork Sausage flavored with one or more types of Chiles. Guajillo, Pasilla and Ancho are common, with Garlic, Onion, Cumin, Cinnamon, Oregano and Vinegar...JJ

Thats a Great idea! The Chorizo has a lot of the same flavors. Its a Pork Sausage flavored with one or more types of Chiles. Guajillo, Pasilla and Ancho are common, with Garlic, Onion, Cumin, Cinnamon, Oregano and Vinegar...JJ

Adding a couple Tbsps of cocoa powder based on volume imparts a nice complex dusky note to the chili.
Mmmmmm!!!
And no, it doesn't taste like chocolate.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Looks and sounds delicious! Kinda chuckled at buttering and dipping the crackers... that's what my wife does also, me, I just crumple a handful into my bowl!

Ryan

I was with you until beans. Nice looking stew though.

I love Chili with or without. For my Crew, they like No Beans in their Texas Red. I can say, of the homemade Chili I have had at family and friends houses, picnics and parties. Whether or not there were Beans depended how many people needed to be fed. Beans sure are a good way to make a 5 pounds of Chuck Roast or Ground Beef, feed 20 people!...JJ

I love Chili with or without. For my Crew, they like No Beans in their Texas Red. I can say, of the homemade Chili I have had at family and friends houses, picnics and parties. Whether or not there were Beans depended how many people needed to be fed. Beans sure are a good way to make a 5 pounds of Chuck Roast or Ground Beef, feed 20 people!...JJ
Or just add more cayenne and jalapeños and they will eat less!

• Haha
Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky