Hi! this is Famous Dave

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by famousdave01, Apr 29, 2012.

1. [​IMG] The more experience the better. We are all avid learners here and love cooking meat with fire. Nice to have you with us. Kinda funny when I see your posts. Famous Dave - Newbie. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. thoseguys26

thoseguys26 Master of the Pit

It was your restaurant in Appleton, WI that I had my first real rack of ribs and I've been hooked since. I rarely go out to eat anymore these days cause I love to cook. I will also note, Devils Spit is my favorite store bought BBQ sauce. I actually like to mix Devils Spit with a little Texas Pit together because I like the heat and the black pepper together.

Looking forward to reading about your ideas & BBQ adventures.

3. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF Famous Dave. It is a great place

4. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum Dave, nice to see an Ol' Dog that still strives to learn new tricks and keep it fun! [​IMG]

On a side note.... I do like your sauce, but unfortunately not a fan of the ribs... sorry. Not sure if it is just the restraunt here in Portland, OR or what, but every time I have had ribs and chicken it has been way, way to salty. Just wanted to pass it on... figure feedback is the only way to know if something needs to be looked at or not.

Regardless  - it is great to have you on the forum, definately look forward to reading some of your posts! Don't forget the Qview! [​IMG]

5. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

Welcome Dave nice to have you with us.... Have fun and Happy smoking

6. Welcome Dave, Famous Daves is where I get the best Q if I'm making it myself !:grilling_smilie:

7. puddy

puddy Smoke Blower

Welcome Dave

8. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, Dave!

Good luck and good smoking.

9. garyt

garyt Smoking Fanatic

Welcome Dave, you are everywhere lately, I still have to make it up to Hayward.

10. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF Dave, glad you joined us here.

Looking forward to some Qview [​IMG]

11. [​IMG] Hope you enjoy it here .. I don't believe I have even seen one of your places around here .. Perhaps in my travels I will find one .. Shocked you have time to breath tho .. welcome aboard.. any advice is always helpful

12. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

:welcome1: Do you have any pictures of this aquarium smoker you mentioned?

13. poopypuss

poopypuss Smoke Blower

You Sir, are my inspiration for buying a smoker and moving past the grill!

14. more ice

more ice Smoke Blower

Hello Dave, Welcome.

15. Welcome Dave! Your products are awesome! I am looking forward to your ideas and input, I have much to learn!!

16. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF Family...I have never eaten in one of your restaurants but saw you on a TV competion show a couple of years back, Tim Love from the Lonesome Dove was a Judge. I think you were putting out some awesome Q and was surprised at some of the judging. In any event I look forward to some of your secrets...JJ

17. greenrn

greenrn Fire Starter

[​IMG] from a newbie smoker

18. Welcome Dave.

Can we get him a honorary OTBS nod? Newbie is not gonna cut it!

19. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF and thank you for joining us!  Please be at home and anything we can do, just ask!

20. Welcome Dave!

Found your place in El Paso.... it's a "must visit" everytime company comes to town! [​IMG]