Hi There From Over The Pond

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ukchubbs

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Camborne, Cornwall, UK
Hi to you all from Cornwall, UK.

My name is Neil and I am a father of three from Camborne, Cornwall, in the South West of the UK.  I joined up straight away this evening as I was searching for an online forum on basic smoking techniques and anything to do with flavouring and preserving meat and fish.

I have thought about making an outdoor smoker for a while now as I just love anything that is smoked !!.  Ribs, meat, fish and cheese, I just can't get enough of them. 

If you haven't already noticed here in the UK, its my opinion that we are so far behind when it comes to smoking at home.  A lot of the time no real thought goes into even basic recipes, which you guys over the pond make look so, so wonderful. 

In the Summer down here in Cornwall, we catch some great fish which tastes even better if  smoked.  Mackerel is one of the best to smoke as it is full of natural oils and tastes great if made into a Pate.   During a normal Summer's day, I could easily catch 20 - 30 Mackerel but I don't because nobody wants them and it such a waste.

A while back my wonderful wife Tanya gave me the OK to build a smoker in the garden.  I have already gathered most of the construction materials, mostly from people on internet sites giving things away.  This has saved me a lot of money so I now plan to build an outside pizza oven, bbq grill and hot/cold smoker.  I have got as far as the design stage but when I think I am there with it, I change my mind and have other ideas.

I have a lot of reading to do as this forum is just crammed with the info I need in order to produce some great food.

Thats all from me for now and I hope to learn heaps from  you guys and gals, who I think, are the best in the world at producing the finest smoked food.

Cheers

Neil

Neil.. welcome to your new addiction... you've come to the right place for all the info you need.. for your build and for your smokes... If you can post a pic of your drawings, we will tell ya what looks good and not so good... constructive criticism is the best tool there is to get it right the first time...

Hi Neil! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky