Hi, I'm T-Roy. New here and to smoking.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I want to try some chicken. My first smoke last Saturday was pork spare-ribs. And they came out "good" but pulled them off too early due to pressure from guests that were getting antsy. And of course I regreted it because they weren't done. So I tossed them in the oven for like 10 minutes at 350 to finish them off. But Jenni and I were totally excited about the flavor and the results. But I still kind of chalked it up as a defeat since they weren't 'done'. And that was 5 whole hours on the smoker at an average of 220 or so. And I'd say they needed at least another 2-3 hours or so??!

Dude nice deer! Is that a muzzle loader? I got three last year (CVA Wolf .50 MZL). One buck, one doe and a good friend provided a doe to us as well. Believe it or not...we've only got a few packs of meat left. SAVES ALLOT OF GREEN WITH THE RUG RATS!! But I plan on smoking all my jerky and trying my hand at some summer sausage and pepperoni sticks too. Will my smoker work for that?

Keep your head down out there till that nasty weather is gone. Sorry about the trees but on the bright side you got lots of smoking wood. Let that stuff dry and it'll be great stuff.

EXACTUALLY!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif
My boys think it's fun to chop up the little discs of wood I cut off with the chainsaw. Soon....that fun will fade I'm sure into "work"! LOL!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky