Hi from Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spazluc

Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Nevada, OH
Spazlux here from Nevada, OH. Brand new to smoking meats. Got my 1st set up (cheap I know but figure is a start). Married with 3 boys, starting a Homestead on 5 acres and loving country living. Here's some pics of my set up and my first set of hogs that just went to butchers.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a partly cloudy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.

Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

:welcome1:
:Fresh pork. Your lucky to have your own pigs..
Good luck and enjoy smoking.
Can't see what type smoker that one is. You'll make good use of it there I bet.

Last edited:
Here is my set up. It's a Char-griller unit with a Char-broiler fire box. I flipped the pan inside the unit and put a few holes in it. Lined the inside with heavy duty foil, extended the exaughst, and finally put some clean river rock in main unit to act as heat sinks. I only smoked some store bought bacon and burgers the other day, and now am smoking some chicken breast with a dry rub and baked beans.

Ha.. I never heard the river rocks tick. Neat. [emoji]128077[/emoji] as long as you can scoop them out to get the stuff cleaned every now and then.

Last edited:
welcome to smf, you being from Ohio, we need the recipe for the candy ,,, buckeyes ,, peanut butter filled chocolate  candy ,,, I am sure you have it ...

welcome to smf, you being from Ohio, we need the recipe for the candy ,,, buckeyes ,, peanut butter filled chocolate  candy ,,, I am sure you have it ...
I know them quite well. Unfortunately I don't know how to make em, just how to eat em

Welcome aboard to a really great site that has taught me a lot the past few years. I was in Massillon, Ohio for thirty years but never heard of Nevada, Ohio. Where are you located in the state?

mds51

Welcome aboard to a really great site that has taught me a lot the past few years. I was in Massillon, Ohio for thirty years but never heard of Nevada, Ohio. Where are you located in the state?
mds51
We are 1/2 way between Upper Sandusky and Bucyrus. If that helps any.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky