Hi Everyone !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

toan

Original poster
Jun 2, 2017
Sacramento, CA
Hey everyone!

My name is Toan, and I am born and raised from Sacramento, CA.  There isn't too much in the scene of BBQ on the West Coast.  So I decided I should try it myself! 

After talking to some co-workers, I ended up getting a 22" Weber Smokey Mountain cooker.  Since getting it this past March, I've smoked myself three briskets, three pork butts, and three racks of pork ribs.

I've been wanting a grill as of lately, for burgers and such.  And after doing some research of my own, I ended up picking up a Char-Broil Kamander -- their kamado style cooker.  This thing might be replacing my WSM due to how well it smokes, but don't tell my fiancee.  Just out of curiosity:  anyone else out there sporting a Char-Broil Kamander?

This is my new-found hobby, and I hope to learn from all guys and gals out there!

Cheers!
Toan

P.S. - Here is the first beef short ribs I have ever smoked, on the Kamander too!  Made them last night, and I wish I would have found these sooner!  I had to slice it up for the lady, she's not a fan of biting down on the rib itself.

Toan, welcome to SMF from a neighbor!  Glad you are here and putting the WSM and the new CB Kamander to good use. Like you, the absence of good Q is what got me into smoking too.  I believe it has something to do with the emission laws for restaurants here in California. 

There are a LOT of WSM users here on the forum.  I turned mine into a set and forget with a temp controller.  There are quite a few Kamado type owners too. 

Have fun and great first post! 
points1.png

Ray

Reactions: toan
Thanks Ray, Al, and Jason!  I appreciate the love.

I had no idea California had so many regulations of everything... But it doesn't surprise me that it does.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see there is a lot of engagement on this forum!  And I hope to share some photos of my smokes coming up, and enjoy others' photos as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky