Hi Everybody from Roswell, GA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Darth Stig

Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm in the midst of coming up with plans for a fairly complicated reverse flow smoker built from a 250 gallon propane tank I bought off some meth-heads (really long and funny story, I'll write it out down below). I'm 29, unemployed currently and living a few miles north of Atlanta, GA in Roswell.

Right now, I'm looking to build an all in one sort of smoker. The main focus is a reverse-flow offset smoker, everything else is secondary. While I would love to have a rotisserie, grill and smoker my wife would divorce me, so all in one is what I'm going for. There are a few builds that show a box on top of the burn box. Alot of people seem to use it as a warming box, I was thinking of having either a removable slide to open up the second box for direct heat and turn it into a grill or have some sort of adjustable venting to allow it to be either.

I was looking into building a firebox out of a safe or gun safe. They're well insulated and I should be able to get one for super cheap if I find someone who lost their keys or the safe mechanism no longer works... I've read that placement is crucial and the burn box should be around 1/3 the size of the cooking chamber. Has anybody thought of doing this? I'm doing my best to come up with the cheapest build possible.

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy, windy and warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky