Help! 1st time attempt at a fatty.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

george255

Original poster
Jul 12, 2018
Coeurd'Arlene , Idaho
I think i have the general idea of how to build one but my question is how to cook it on a pellet grill? Do we do this low and slow with lots of smoke or in the high 200's for a quick cook?
Also do we want to mop or spray anything on it during the cooking process? These things look
amazing and I really must give it a go for my sunday Q Party. Any last minute advice? Other than have plenty of beer on hand.

I have had good luck at 225-250*. Usually about 2.5 hours for me - I typically do 1lb ground suagsage and 0.5lb ground beef combined.

I would suggest using thinner bacon or it may not crisp up.

Thinner bacon works better for crispyness. My smoker likes to run at 250* so I don't argue with it. No mopping or spritzing is necessary. You can add some of your rub to the outside of the bacon if you want to give it a little kick. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky