Hello from the west central mountains of Idaho.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

celllman

Original poster
May 1, 2022
Hi all, just ran into your forum while looking for info on using pellet stove pellets in a smoking grill and found all sorts of information and individual likes/dislikes; perfect!
I have, in my too long life, always had a charcoal grill and/or a gas grill on my deck and used them lots. In the last couple of years my kids have gotten into pellet grills and after finally running one I was hooked. I now have a Pit Boss Sportsman 820 and love it! And have spent hours online checking with the masters of grilling on the subject. Very happy to have found your forum!
I have just retired and have found myself with the odious task of living the beach life on a mountain lake for the rest of my life; Having to spend all my time fishing/boating and hiking/camping with family and friends then snow skiing all winter is now my lifes burden ; but now I can get away from it all and leisurely run my new grill! :emoji_sunglasses:

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Kentucky! I would not use stove pellets in a smoker. I've read that some people are using them, but I'll stick with pellets designed for cooking.

Reactions: celllman
Welcome to SMF!
I would not use heating pellets for smoking either. If it’s going to flavor your food, and you going to spend a good amount of time preparing it, then why not look for the best tasting highest quality pellet.
Al

Reactions: celllman and DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky