Hello from the Valley of the Sun

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hookedonbbq

Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
After enjoying and benefiting (YUM!!) from my daughter's passion for Smokin' all kinds of meat and veggies--I'm hopelessly hooked, sooooo I decided to get to smokin' myself. I spent a ton of time researching good, quality smokers and just made a purchase last night (after all it was cyber Monday--what better excuse) and I can't wait to get started. The unit is being shipped from Ohio which gives me time to prepare (I chose an electric smoker for now). We'll see how it goes.

I am a writer and have been a resident of Phoenix, AZ since 1973 (perfect weather for smokin' year round, right? :biggrin:) I spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen--love to cook, bake and grill. I am anxious to try some of the game we have in the smoker (elk & venison). I love making a variety of flavors of venison and elk jerky which is loved by all--but I am certain smokin' the jerky will take it up a level or two.

Anyway, thanks for such a great web site and a fantastic forum. I'll be happy to keep everyone posted on my progress with my new smoker!

Welcome aboard from St Peters, MO!  You will never regret buying your own smoker (unless, of course, you set your house on fire somehow)!

Mac

Welcome aboard from St Peters, MO!  You will never regret buying your own smoker (unless, of course, you set your house on fire somehow)!

Mac

Thanks for the welcome, Mac. Yes, I can see how i might possibly regret the purchase if I "smoke" my house.

Welcome to SMF, glad to have you here! You sure sound excited, which we can all attest to. Good luck and hope you find some new and exciting ideas here. Don't be afraid to ask questions too!

welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Welcome to the SMF from the cooler side of AZ. Be careful, you might find more information than you really need/want on the pages. It will get you trying to make all kinds of tasty things in that new smoker.
icon14.gif
 And yes it does take the elk jerky up several notches!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky