Hello from Amsterdam - Europe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Greetings and welcome from New Mexico, USA.
What do you mean by recipes, the programming steps and temps ?

Hi,
I guess my language was not crisp on this: yes, the programming steps and the temperatures.

Thank you

Hi,
I guess my language was not crisp on this: yes, the programming steps and the temperatures.

Thank you
No problem...
You might want to tell us what it is you want to cook and someone should be able to give you some suggestions.
Different food will have different requirements.
Step programming is nice but can be done manually.

I have had a new smoker with the Fireboard controller for about 3 weeks now and I am still learning, and experimenting with the step programming.
I just did some beef ribs yesterday and I created a program as follows:
Step 1 - 175f for 30 minutes
Step 2 - 275f until Internal temp of ribs reached 145f ( you need to assign the probe that is in the meat to this step)
HOLD at 180f - This is always added as last step (can be deleted if you want to)
A lot of little steps to make Step programming work.

Yesterday it went to the HOLD mode, before the ribs reaching the 145f temp.
Don't know if it is something I did or didn't do or a problem with Controller or App.
Sent the info the Fireboard to see if they can look at logs to determine what happened.

As I said still learning...

Last edited:
Reactions: nikkon
thanks for the reply.
I was curious if there are already standard recipes based on the type of meet.
I'm planning to do some pulled pork next time.

No such thing as a "Standard". "Baseline" would be more appropriate.
Everyone does it different.

Altitude and Climate affect how you cook as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky