Hello all- Newbie here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lager

Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Hi everyone

I just wanted to drop by and say HI. I'm new to smoking (I don't even have a smoker yet
icon_cry.gif
). Trying to learn as much I can so I can get started !!!! Looks like I've come to the right place !!!!

The forums are great and the people here seem very friendly. I hope I won't bother you all with a bunch of silly questions, I try to read as much as I can before making a post.

My name is Lager because one of my other hobbies is to brew beer from grain (not kits or extracts). I have been a homebrewer for about 19 years now and I think I would really enjoy running a smoker. I'm finding that smoking and brewing have alot in common.
Temperature and attention to detail are critical.

Guess what my favorite type of beer is, LOL !!!!

Cheers, Lager

Welcome to SMF, Lager. There are other brewers here also, and if you have any questions just ask. Check the left side of the page for info on all kinds of smokers. Good luck with your new smoker and may your Q turn out great.

Welcome aboard!

We love questions so ask away. I'm relatively new to smoking also and this place has taught me numerous things. I can honestly say I am a Pit Master now. (Only in my own mind and backyard though!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
)

Where are you at? You may have some smoking neighbors that'll invite you to their place to use their smoker.

I'm a redneck.. Can you guess MY favorite beer? (Anything FREE!!!)

Enjoy the site..

Welcome Lager -

There are no silly questions. In fact we do get a bit silly sometimes that's good for you! I too brew my own beer. If you get an All-In-One smoker it can double as a brew stove.

welcome to SMF. any question is a valid question. it might sound silly to you, but it might be something no one has thought to ask before, but never thought to ask.

Welcome to the forum Lager check out the 5 day e-course its free and full of great info to help you get started.

There are only 2 kinds of beer your kind and the free kind lol.

Welcome aboard Lager... glad you found us! Don't be afraid to ask what you don't know and share what you do, there are a bunch of very friendly and knowledgeable folks here.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF. You will learn a lot here. Enjoy your stay.

WELCOME LAGER! You'll find plenty of warm and friendly smokin' buds here.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome !!!!

I'm gonna do my first smoke this Sunday, I'll let you all know how it goes.
Planning to do a few racks of ribs and 2 fatties. Jeff's rub and sauce will be used also. Can't wait.

Just my 2 cents...

If you're gonna buy a smoker, try to buy one from a store so you can actually go there and see it. (This is not so easy to do here in Atlanta).

I bought via the internet from 2 different companies and recieved 1 defective smoker and 4 damaged smokers. The manufacturers don't pack 'em real well! (On my end there was a lot of packin & unpacking and shipping back-n-forth...months went by...NOT FUN.)

I finally went to Wal-Mart and bought #6. It wasn't my 1st or 2nd choice of brand or model, BUT I was able to tear that box open and get a good look at that sucker! Now I'm smokin'!

I hope you have a better experience.

Welcome & Good Luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky