Have any of you all used the "whipped cream cheese" when preparing ABT's?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bosshogg

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 6, 2011
Louisville, KY
I'm talking about the pre-packaged Phillidelphia Whipped Cream Cheese.  I thought it might make the blending process easier instead of letting a regular block sit out at room temp.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Jeremiah

I did it because that was all that was in the house. While they turned out ok with the addition of cheddar - onion and sausage they did not have the same consistency I was used to. Not sure it was a bad thing - just different 

Thanks.  That's what I was wondering about was the consistency.  I stuck with the old faithful..  While I can appreciate convenience, there are some things you just don't mess with. 

Iv used both and Iv used fat free/reduced fat cream cheese. All turned out great but each was different. Having to make do with different things since the wife went on her diet.

Cost $$$$$ factor. I use the 8oz. 'original ' Cream Cheese. It goes on sale and at 10for $10...well
icon_question.gif

I'm a cheapskate
cool.gif

Have fun and...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky