Hands down best Chicken I ever made with qview--and some ribs to boot.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ecto1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2010
Spring, Tx
Ok I was in a smoking mood like I have been all summer.  I have my ribs down to perfection (by my families standards) but the chicken has been lacking.  Now I admit I havent given the yard bird its due only cooking it a handfull of times.  I love BBQ chicken and it has been a staple food all my life.  Mine was good but something was missing.  I found out the missing ingerdient was the brine.  I decided to brine this chicken and all I can say is wow what a difference.  Here is some qview to show off my work.

ad3bc874_Untitled00000-01.jpg

aa3bb4e3_Untitled00005-09.jpg

83ae87a9_DSC_0002-14.jpg

And the ribs I made also.

b020eaab_Untitled00016-05.jpg

8bb35e8f_DSC_0004-4.jpg

so what did you use in your brine? And for how long? They definitely look delicious
I used 2 quarts of water 2 tbs kosher salt 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 tbs tony chacheries 1 tsp garlic powder for three hours  gonna have to experiment a little more but this was real good.

icon_cool.gif

Now those ribs and yard bird look great from here. I like the thick sauce on the ribs too. Napkins needed for sure with this meal
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Everything looks great - looks like ya got em both nailed now

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky