Half Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buttmes40

Original poster
May 24, 2017
What is the best temperature to smoke a half ribeye (around 8 lbs)? It is bone in.....would you debone it or leave it?

I leave bone on, but cut off and tie back on. I cook with pit temp at 225-240. Pull off when center IT is 125-130. Let rest 30 minutes covered. Then slice and enjoy. Leftovers are Vac sealed, frozen, and used for Cheese Steak sandwiches at a later date. Agree with Jake, there's really no wrong way.

I have had good luck reverse-searing ribeyes. Pull it off about 10 degrees early, wrap and let sit for about fifteen minutes, then sear on a red hot grill for a minute or two each side. So tasty!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky