Habaneros Blueberry & Choke Cherry Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
I took the base recipe from this guy:
I did not have Habaneros so I use Jalapenos
I added blueberries and choke cherries to the mix. Adds sweetness.
Instead of water I used soy sauce
Smoked in my bradley smoker and tube smoker @120F for 8 hours
Nice mild flavor. Not to spicy so far. At least I have not found a piece to spicy.
I have a smaller batch still in the fridge that I will be doing in the dehydrator tomorrow.
fsgol7Y.jpg

lI8ABnf.jpg

Looks good! And you're right... must be jerky time!

Ryan

This sat out in the bowl over night on the counter. After breakfast I tried a few pieces. Seems I pulled them from the smoker at the right time as they bend but crack but not break apart. They have a nice chew to them. Eye of round cut with the grain and then dropped through my jerky cutter.
The spice level is perfect. Noticeable but not over powering.
I have the rest in the dehydrator now. Those I added some liquid smoke. Not a fan of it but sometimes you have to bend the rules. :emoji_wink:
20230819_101420.jpg

Reactions: Brokenhandle
This sat out in the bowl over night on the counter. After breakfast I tried a few pieces. Seems I pulled them from the smoker at the right time as they bend but crack but not break apart. They have a nice chew to them. Eye of round cut with the grain and then dropped through my jerky cutter.
The spice level is perfect. Noticeable but not over powering.
I have the rest in the dehydrator now. Those I added some liquid smoke. Not a fan of it but sometimes you have to bend the rules. :emoji_wink: View attachment 673928
And then eat the evidence!

Ryan

I had some that were done and others that need a little extra time. So I tried the dehydrated ones and they are hotter then the smoker ones. Could be they sat in the mix a extra day. I was actually surprised at the smoke favor. Pretty close to my smoker jerky. Guess I added the right amount. Anyways they will not last long as the kid will take them to work with him. Now on to my next project "ABT's"
20230819_123945.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky